60s Cadillac bike

darwin

Local time
4:50 PM
This was the coolest bike you could get in the hood in the 60s/early 70s. I imagine for back then they were expensive. It was like owning a late 70s Firebird in High school, lol. 5 speed.
s-l1600.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That thing is wicked! I would love to strap a motor in one of those just for fun.
I had one of those when I was in the 4th and 5th grade in school...Back then they were known as "Spyder" bikes.

The handle bars were known as "Butterfly" handle bars.

And the seats were called "Banana" seats.

I had a knockoff almost like it, can't remember the brand. It had two tubes for the top tube, top tube shifter, 5sp. It was dark pink. Before you open yo trap it was a cool pink, capiche. Gonna see if I can find a pic of it. It was stolen and trashed in a field when I got it back.

I had a knockoff almost like it, can't remember the brand. It had two tubes for the top tube, top tube shifter, 5sp. It was dark pink. Before you open yo trap it was a cool pink, capiche. Gonna see if I can find a pic of it. It was stolen and trashed in a field when I got it back.
I love pink ok.

There was a Schwinn model that had a stick shift gearshifter-that was the coolest of cool with the banana seat and ape hangers, as they are called now. I'll give the new Scwhinn company credit-they brought back the Orange Krate:
-Gearhead437

Yep, I had the 5 speed Stingray
Stripped it down and made it into a BMX bike with Tuff wheels

Then after a while I missed the Stingray so much I got another Shwinn frame put all my old parts back on it and made another one
Now I had a BMX bike and Street Cruiser 5 speed Stingray tall sissy bar banana seat butterfly bars with Slicks
We called the butterfly bars, tall handle bars

But I'll admit that hand shift was mounted on the frame top tube and it was a real ball catcher :ROFLMAO:
So I took off the hand shift and put a thumb shift on the handlebars

There was a Schwinn model that had a stick shift gearshifter-that was the coolest of cool with the banana seat and ape hangers, as they are called now. I'll give the new Scwhinn company credit-they brought back the Orange Krate:
-Gearhead437
The drum brake looks so cool. I just like the look of a drum brake in a spoked wheel. It looks like it just belongs there. First time I have seen a front drum on a non european bike.

Back