60s Cadillac bike

I had one of those when I was in the 4th and 5th grade in school...Back then they were known as "Spyder" bikes.

The handle bars were known as "Butterfly" handle bars.

And the seats were called "Banana" seats.
There was a name we called those bike styles. Banana seats with butterfly handle bars. I'm almost sure it was Stingray style, not Spyder in my hood, can't remember fo shoo.

The really cool kids would cut the front forks off another bike and stab them over the fork tubes to make a chopper bike.
Except when you do a wheelie, they would tend to fall off causing serious road rash. The arse over tea kettle effect.

The really cool kids would cut the front forks off another bike and stab them over the fork tubes to make a chopper bike.
Except when you do a wheelie, they would tend to fall off causing serious road rash. The ass over tea kettle effect.
I remember that, did it myself. Had to keep up with the cool kids.

Researched this on Amazon-This will be a quick classic, as who'se gonna shell out $649.99 for a copycat Schwinn?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Researched this on Amazon-This will be a quick classic, as who'se gonna shell out $649.99 for a copycat Schwinn?

Nice looking bike, you see that front hub? Should at least be a 3/5sp for that kind of money.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

I would buy the lemon one if I could. I think it would be fun to motorize one of those

Back