79 cc predator clutch

it is for the blade. alows you to drive the push mower (yes) withOUT the blade rotating. have seen it on many fancy honda mowers in the junkyard, old and new. hrx217, i chose because i have used one, and you can slip it in. it isnt just some wham bam bog l\clutch, or some complex belt system like is used on the beloved toro gts mowers, w/ suzuki engines, 2stroke and 4stroke varients.

when the polished sheetmetal disks are pulled together, by a cable they wedge apart, (seen in second to last 2 pics ) driving the conical cast iron disk into the friction material. the sheetmetal spring fingers keep tension, and allow the friction thingy to slide back and forth within the cast iron blade holder (rusty thing)
the whole thing is kept floating apart with an odd stepped shaft. the cast iron pully on the sheetmetal "clutch actuator" is driven by the engine. it always spins, and origionally drove the wheels through an overcomplicated but very good cvt system. it is keyed to run the conical cast iron disk. simple, tough, dry clutch system. for a normal lathless person, stealing the special crankstaft, and retrofitting it into a horizontal gc 190 would be the best way to go about this.

yes the whole thing will fall apart if not retained by the shaft. the odd shaft is steppeds in order to keep the proper space to prevent the disk from being driven all the time. here is the odd shaft. the big bearing in the cast iron blade holder rode on the final step of the shaft. this kept the space, while the sheetmetal actuator was bolted to the engine, and pushed on the disk, and so on and soforth.

yes the whole thing will fall apart if not retained by the shaft. the odd shaft is steppeds in order to keep the proper space to prevent the disk from being driven all the time. here is the odd shaft. the big bearing in the cast iron blade holder rode on the final step of the shaft. this kept the space, while the sheetmetal actuator was bolted to the engine, and pushed on the disk, and so on and soforth.
Thanks for the detailed breakdown of that clutch. That wedge style clutch is a hella strong clutch. I bet that clutch cost more than a new mower.🤣😂🤣 I would definitely rob it off a used mower.

Back