79cc Predator Questions

Max RPM listed as 3600. Have any of you removed the govenor? I've seen the u-tube video. I know this engine is balanced (to some degree) and should be safe to maybe 5000 rpm. Your personal experience or thoughts will be helpful in determing a final gear ratio.
I rev mine 7000 daily sometimes I will push it harder than that I just don't keep it there for long periods of time, but just cruising I'll turn 6k on the average, but flywheel upgrade is a must, can't put a price on your safety.

Just to give you a run down on my 79cc, I first removed not bypassed as some do the governor, and installed the ARC billet flywheel, and upgraded the springs to 18 lb springs, now I'm turning the rpm's, but still wanted more out of the little predator, so I went with a header pipe and a nibbi 19mm race carb, still hungry for more power last but the best upgrade I did was shaved head 50 thousands and ported both ports and polished exhaust port, and that last upgrade was my best power gain, now I'm happy with it.

Just to give you a run down on my 79cc, I first removed not bypassed as some do the governor, and installed the ARC billet flywheel, and upgraded the springs to 18 lb springs, now I'm turning the rpm's, but still wanted more out of the little predator, so I went with a header pipe and a nibbi 19mm race carb, still hungry for more power last but the best upgrade I did was shaved head 50 thousands and ported both ports and polished exhaust port, and that last upgrade was my best power gain, now I'm happy with it.
Did you slap a camshaft in it? I am looking at building a 4hp flathead up to go a bit faster, and am considering what mods to do

Back to my 79cc motor. On page 8 of the manual it states "The engine will shut off if the oil level is to low". I see no sensor for this listed in the parts breakdown. Is this a true statement for this engine? Maybe the larger Predators have this feature, I don't know.

Back to my 79cc motor. On page 8 of the manual it states "The engine will shut off if the oil level is to low". I see no sensor for this listed in the parts breakdown. Is this a true statement for this engine? Maybe the larger Predators have this feature, I don't know.
The little yellow wire going into the block goes to a little plastic box with a float in it inside the engine case. People usually clip the wore or go inside and fully remove it because the oil sloshing around causes the engine to cut in and out

I just looked and didn't see a yellow wire on mine. Only the wire to the on-off switch. Is it behind the fan shroud? I think this feature is not on a 79cc motor. Also, on all the videos on removing the governor I have never seen the plastic float assembly inside the motor. I guess I could always see if it will start without any oil. LMAO

Back