A few problems regarding 80cc bicycle

Hi, ive took a few images of the exhaust.

Attachments

• 20200409_185048.jpg
    20200409_185048.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 20200409_185110.jpg
    20200409_185110.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 118
oh ok, and would that sort the noise out ? it works fine and admittedly its something minor. Many thanks.

Ya, that's where most of the noise is coming from. The exhaust gases from the engine goes through the two pipes, left and right, back up through the two little holes and then out through the big hole which should have another pipe off the cap and then to atmosphere. Here's the piece you're missing. Without that piece the exhaust just goes straight out through the two pipes, left and right.

Attachments

• guts.jpg
    guts.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 103
oh many thanks, does this part have a name ? tried looking on a few sites but nothing as such in the image. Many thanks.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
One of those tiny soda cans or a small soup can with a 1/2" hole in the end and hose clamped to the end of the muffler will quiet it down plus give you a nice redneck look.

One of those tiny soda cans or a small soup can with a 1/2" hole in the end and hose clamped to the end of the muffler will quiet it down plus give you a nice redneck look.

haa !! thanks for the tickle. Will for sure try that if not il go for the one on your link, many thanks.

Many thanks for the response. This bike should be ready for the heap but i not willing to throw all the hours of work away. This is what happened today. I cannot figure out why the petrol will not flow to the carb. Gently massage the fuel pipe will allow petrol to flow to the fuel filter with little effort but its at the fuel filter where its getting stuck. I took the fuel filter out to eliminate that as an issue but still with a direct fuel pipe no dice. I then took the carb out and opened the whole thing. Dry as a twig in winter. Checked the pin and the hinge door that closes pin, all works fine, sprayed some carb cleaner. Checked float and doesnt seem stuck, moves.
Put everything back together, checked throttle pin and position is fine and also works fine, yet nothing. Fuel just doesnt want to flow so the only thing i can think of is that while the needle works fine it must be full of grit and has closed comepletly, still , dont know how the pin opens and closes if pin is apparently jammed. Can i do anything else do it ? Can a carb be that broken it should be replaced ?

The clutch opening is halfway coming off as the screws were stuck, even while soaked in wd40 overnight. Awaiting a power drill screw set from someone. Im thinking it most definatly is a stuck clutch, wheel moves freely when clutch isnt engaged but once clutch is engaged the tyre more or less skids and drags on the ground.

I couldnt take any images as the camera keeps saying low memory but will sort it soon.

Many thanks.
Hello you might want to look at the fuel filter direction the flow direction on the filter should be pointing towards the carb.

Back