Crashes A recent tragic motored bike accident

quick release not he problem

I my humble opinion its not the quick release, its the person who is operating it. My bike has a quick release rear hub that I set up as a drive sprocket. The six bolt disk mount bolts to a adapter and then to the drive sprocket. It does not slip and my little motor has much more horsepower than I can generate. I use an old school Deore lever that is really on there tight but it will not move. In fact my engine mount slipped but the drive sprocket stayed were it was.

Mike Frye:-/

Worst accident I had was on marina del rey drunk and stupid back then I hit a concrete curb on a fuji racing bike with carbon forks.When I hit I thought I had died.Knocked me out for a few minutes.Got up and the bike was barely scratched and the forks did not buckle the least bit.I felt numb across my face and brain hurt for 2 weeks.I also had 2 teeth through my front lip and A crapload of road rash on my face.Went to the hospital a week later for a catscan and the doc said he never seen anyone hit so hard as I did at 40 mph and not have a fractured scull or brain trauma.He told me a story of a nurse who died a week earlier parked at a red light and getting bumped at 12 mph.She had a headache but figured she was fine.She had a massive brain bleed 3 days later.Truth Is I cheated death and still I think I did some damage to my brain being I am forgetful and sometimes have a momentary headache or occasionally a sudden temper.I even had an anneurysm once when I was walking home from work.I know no religion In here.But God or a guardian angel must have spared me.I now wear my helmet everytime I ride period. A half shell.I need to go full shell.

I like the Lawyer Tabs. I think they make the fork stronger, help center the wheel quickly, and are a little bit of insurance in case the skewer hangs on some grass or vegetation, or your shock rebounds really hard.

Back