A we lil Port?

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
6:46 AM
Is this what i think this is on the side of this dio intake and if so does it function?

Attachments

• 20171031_003158.jpg
    20171031_003158.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 20171031_003148.jpg
    20171031_003148.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 182
that's an oil injection port for the honda dio that those come off. if you're not gonna use it, plug it.

how would it be utilized?
You hook a water line up to it, usually connect the other end to the radiator overflow.

In some cases you can also use it for oil injection, but since you are putting oil in the gas you can substitute water or antifreeze for the normal oil you'd use in the system. Some even claim you can use it as a boost bottle hookup, or while you're at it a SECOND boost bottle and even an inline water drip to help keep the motor cool.

Then again you could always mix water into your gas/oil premix and cap off the opening so you don't have to use it since the water/gas/oil mix will keep the motor cool enough.

how would it be utilized?
you can use it with nitrous if you feel so inclined. see my post here: https://motoredbikes.com/threads/nitrous.51121/#post-450255

if you for some reason care to use it like honda intended, you're going to need to come up with an oil injection pump. easy way would be to retrofit a mechanical injection pump off an existing system. if you're handy you might be able to make an arduino do it's thing to trigger one. not going to be cheap either way, and it's going to rob power to some extent.

So a boost bottle they actually work or what i know they serve a purpose on bigger engines but im finding alot of people dont think they do anything
won't do anything through that little hole.

boost bottles do work, but not like people think, and the ones made for these engines don't work at all. a properly designed boost bottle is a reverberation chamber designed to smooth out power delivery and improve fuel economy. without a degree in acoustic engineering you'll never make one do what they're supposed to other than putting an oem boost bottle on the engine it was designed for.

ok i figured as much now plugging it what should i use just a good fitting bolt?
Hot glue or rtv or 5 minute jb weld or an airsoft bb (or small metal bearing, to close off an end) in a thin tube put over top the nipple, some fuel lines might fit, Pvc fishtank air tubing can be melted and made into a cap.

The bolt risks jamming and forcing the nipple to torque in which could outright strip/break it, also doesn't guarantee an airtight seal though an o-ring is optional..

Back