Adelaide new commer here from OXZ

Thanks Cruiser for mentioning the added baffle - wouldn't have noticed otherwise -but what did you need to install it for? Also in a hot climate like where I live what is wrong with 75W90 gear oil? I will be getting a Hoot soon and am keen to find out the best way to run it.

These gearboxes have a tendency to throw oil through the little vent hole in the filler plug until the box is almost dry. The only reason to run a heavier oil is to help quiet the gear noise down. Some boxes are louder than others. This is the reason some people try packing with grease. I have found that the clutch needs lubrication which running straight grease will not provide. Also, the box has drain and fill plugs which would be unnecessary unless a liquid lube was intended by the designer. I originally ran only grease, but the clutch did not work well.

Thanks for all the advice am looking forward to trying to "wet" in the gear box as I agree that the greas is no cutting it for the clutch.

Cheers
Zeds

I love the exhaust take off after that line - somehow my chopper aint the same sound ??and thankfully I'm a little healthier than the movie Zeds!!.

Saw a dude on a two stroke today who was on the road behind parafield airport today and he was cracking along but had to use his shoes to stop at the mawson lakes lights and then reved in true chopper fashion at the lights. He was wearing a red fluro safety jacket and had the biky beard - was that you? your the bad man alright - good to see the adrenalin rush being enjoyed.

Cheers
Mate Zeds

Nah thats not me man, I have brakes, lol but I see that guy on the way to work. I usually wear a yellow hi-vis vest.

Hi Zeds, That chopper saddle looks comfy. can you buy them on their own and what is the name of the saddle?

man thats a really nice build, i like how the gas tank is in the back like that. I would just be a bit careful about the exaust burning!

Back