Air/exhaust leak?

I saw a couple other corrections to be made. The PO used the extra wide mount on the front and put the engine a bit too high in the frame for the intake to fit right. If you take that off and file out the mount to get it to drop down a little, the intake manifold might fit right. The exhaust flange is bent and will have to be straightened out before you put on the gasket. He bent up the coaster brake arm, so maybe a new rear wheel soon.
92096386-513d-41ea-89aa-b3a34e474009-jpeg.190778
I forgot to mention in my first response that I probably should get a new wheel. I just don’t want to spend much money right now. I have a Shimano coaster brake hub that’s basically brand new I was thinking I’d put in there if I can’t get this one back to working order.

You might be able to find a whole other bike for parts, then you won't have to lace a wheel.
I was hoping I could take the parts from my Shimano and repair this one. I don’t know if they’re compatible or not tho. Have to take them apart and see.

Unfortunately, I have limited time right now and my projects take way longer than they should. I’ve got one good running bike now and will slowly get this one up to par.

Might just put engine on my stretch cruiser and call it good.

I was hoping I could take the parts from my Shimano and repair this one. I don’t know if they’re compatible or not tho. Have to take them apart and see.

Unfortunately, I have limited time right now and my projects take way longer than they should. I’ve got one good running bike now and will slowly get this one up to par.

Might just put engine on my stretch cruiser and call it good.
@ $60 it's a good parts bike too. I like that frame.

I like the frame too. After seeing @Jayraye39 builds, makes me wanna turn this into a board track racer. Maybe one day.
That is a great Frame to build a tracker. Will probably have to lower the rear tire 3-4 in order to raise the back of the frame up higher. It will make the stance almost perfect. That frames got a lot going for it. I DIG IT

Thoes are really nice, wish I had the shop and equipment to make bikes and frames. That would be a blast. Wonder if he sells alot of those?

Yeah those frames from Sportsman and Phoenix and awesome,
Yes Sportsman Flyer "Pat" has sold alot of bikes, He also makes the Drop Loop Frames for Worksman Cycles "Worksman Flyer"

Back