Any advice?

MinimumVK

Local time
9:15 AM
So im looking to start my 3rd build later this summer but im having problems finding a Phantom 85 that would ship to Slovenia. I can only find it on https://www.bicycle-engines.com/ but the shipping costs as much as the whole motor:confused:. Does maybe anyone else know if i could get it anywhere else?

Anyway i also thought about buying a jackshaft kit but they are also expensive (cheapest i could find is 150 euros and for that much i can get another YD100). I would like to put the motor on something like a Schwinn Stingray and put lights, blinkers and even a radio on it. So if i cant get a phantom i guess i will order another YD100

Attachments

• 41DJEY2PMAL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    41DJEY2PMAL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 64
So im looking to start my 3rd build later this summer but im having problems finding a Phantom 85 that would ship to Slovenia. I can only find it on https://www.bicycle-engines.com/ but the shipping costs as much as the whole motor:confused:. Does maybe anyone else know if i could get it anywhere else?
This site is in Croatia, right next to Slovenia, and to the best of my knowledge, they also ship to Slovenia...Check with them first to be sure that they do and that the shipping cost might be more reasonable...This one comes with the 36 tooth sprocket same as mine.

They also have separate listings for 44 tooth sprocket and 48 tooth sprocket as well.

@DistantWolrld101 is an expert with the occ bikes. He'll have good advice for you
You are gonna need expert advice to mount almost any motor on an OCC style bike as they are one of the most difficult to adapt to a motorised bike.

Anyway i also thought about buying a jackshaft kit but they are also expensive (cheapest i could find is 150 euros and for that much i can get another YD100). I would like to put the motor on something like a Schwinn Stingray and put lights, blinkers and even a radio on it. So if i cant get a phantom i guess i will order another YD100
The OCC needs an offset motor mount.

This site is in Croatia, right next to Slovenia, and to the best of my knowledge, they also ship to Slovenia...Check with them first to be sure that they do and that the shipping cost might be more reasonable...This one comes with the 36 tooth sprocket same as mine.

They also have separate listings for 44 tooth sprocket and 48 tooth sprocket as well.

You are gonna need expert advice to mount almost any motor on an OCC style bike as they are one of the most difficult to adapt to a motorised bike.
Thanks for the links but the the overall cost is not much better then on the american website... (on ubuy its 381 euros for the motor and 160 euros for the shipping). Looks like i wont be able to get a phantom for a good price here...

But what i could get is an MS660 cylinder and piston. Is there any videos on making it work with a YD100 bottom end? Would that even be possible?

Had to look up Slovenia, got it mixed up with Slovakia. It's an actual country folks. Want a tongue teaser? Pronounce the capital, Ljubljana.

Pronounce the capital, Ljubljana.
It is pronounced "lube-lee'ana"...The "J" is either silent or pronounced as E's, I's, or Y's like in the Latin language.

The "J" sound that we are more familiar today, was not in use until the days of Tudorian, Elizabethan, Shakespearean, style of the English language. Many other languages today also still do not use the "J" ,(Jay, Jeh, or Juh), sound in their linguistics as we do.

Thanks for the links but the the overall cost is not much better then on the american website... (on ubuy its 381 euros for the motor and 160 euros for the shipping). Looks like i wont be able to get a phantom for a good price here...

But what i could get is an MS660 cylinder and piston. Is there any videos on making it work with a YD100 bottom end? Would that even be possible?
It requires machine work to clearance the piston. A cdh110 bottom end however has the clearance to do that.

Back