Any news on a NEW Honda GX50???

Honda is pulling out of motorsports and the CR and XR's are just about the only performance things they make afaik,, they even showed a preview of the lawnmower you don't change oil on! no oil drain but you still could. they only want reliability and forget ppl that buy utility engines for things like minibikes, karts and the like.
I spent the 380 i was saving for a gx50 on 2 stroke parts lol

Being in small engine repair early on, when lawnmowers started getting fitted with oil filler caps and tubes, it was easier to drain the oil out of the engine by just tipping the entire mower over. I'll assume the new Honda mowers still need their oil changed, but you drain it after it's hot by tipping the whole mower on it's side to drain out the filler pipe.

Someone buy one and slap on a better carb and free flowing exhaust, then post vids. I wonder what size shaft it has? Can we use the same clutches that the huasheng engine uses?

There is a Seller on Ebay that has 4 of them............
WOW, been waiting awhile for this. Price is better than expected. What a beauty. Seller claims 2.3hp, honda claims 2.1 hp. No matter it's still the ultimate MAB motor 50cc or under. It'll be quiet and give you some umph for the hills. Low profile too unlike the tall HS 49/53cc.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Someone buy one and slap on a better carb and free flowing exhaust, then post vids. I wonder what size shaft it has? Can we use the same clutches that the huasheng engine uses?
If the HS clutch's fit the 35cc then they should fit the 50 ya think? Hard to see in the ebay pics how it attaches to the shaft. Wonder if a 3 shoe clutch would work, 3 shoe gives you more contact area to the bell. Think of drum brakes and how they wear.

WOW, been waiting awhile for this. Price is better than expected. What a beauty. Seller claims 2.3hp, honda claims 2.1 hp. No matter it's still the ultimate MAB motor 50cc or under. It'll be quiet and give you some umph for the hills. Low profile too unlike the tall HS 49/53cc.
Darwin, you should get the new Honda GX50 engine. I've got the GEBE kit waiting for you with the 105G Velocity Rear Wheel. Just let me know when your ready to pull the trigger to buy it.

Bought a 144f earlier this year from Grubee and a Staton FD w/1.3/8 roller to pull it. This will be my final bike, just fix things as they break. Have about $900 invested in it, even bought a new Motobecane bike to go w/it. In a couple of years that Honda might/probably will be on order but I need to get my money's worth out of the 144f. That's a deal on your GEBE kit Bonefish, little use and the price is great. I had to cut the price down somewhere and the GEBE kit was it, $900 is enough. There's still a couple of riding items I want so the price keeps rising, lol.

I am ruined... I got into racing so I have to keep dumping money to go just a little faster... I'm wondering how the mod scene will look with this engine. Very tempted to buy.

Yea I'm tempted too, I know it will be great for a MAB. That's a motor you can hide/camo really well if you use the OEM tank. Was looking at Honda's site and it's rated at 2hp, 47.9cc and 1.2lbs heavier than the 35cc. Must be beefier inside plus extra cooling fin area[?].

The only real thing I'm worried about: nobody will make mod parts because this will be a replacement engine for folks with extra thick weeds.
If the only way to mount it is by the 4 bolt holes for the transfer plate, that alone limits you. I hate rear drives, the engine is way too high, or kicked out on one side or the other.
I want to see the underside of this engine's bare block with no tank or shrouds. Something tells me there are no mounting points. I hate engines that mount at the same spot as their engine output. It doubles the stress at that junction.

Back