Anyone Running Power THRU the Bottom Bracket?

I'm working on it right now, FOTI.:)
I'm gonna do the computer whiteboard, brb. Trust me, this design will be superior but requires welding. I've been wanting to do your idea because it's easy but you delete the pedals, and I need them to race :p. So I haven't gone that route. Plus deleting pedals makes it a motorcycle. Your idea will work just fine, no need to question yourself on that. My version would keep it a motorized bike and is similar to your idea.

Here you go:

The sizes are not proper, make your own gear ratios. The thin chain/belt is left side, the thick side is right side. Bottom bracket welded in on the seat post.

I'm gonna do the computer whiteboard, brb. Trust me, this design will be superior but requires welding. I've been wanting to do your idea because it's easy but you delete the pedals, and I need them to race :p. So I haven't gone that route. Plus deleting pedals makes it a motorcycle. Your idea will work just fine, no need to question yourself on that. My version would keep it a motorized bike and is similar to your idea.

Thanks, Dan!:)

No, I'm not deleting the pedals.

The jackshaft sprockets are on the same 4" jackshaft.
They are 1/2" from each other, near the extreme front/left side of the engine.

In my design, there's clutch sprocket to jackshaft sprocket A.

Then jackshaft sprocket B to the chainring sprocket at the bottom bracket
on the LEFT SIDE of the bike.

The bottom bracket itself becomes the jackshaft.
It transmits power THROUGH the frame, to the right side of the bike.

then right-side bicycle chainring sprocket to rear wheel.
There are no jackshaft connections on the right side of the bicycle.

LOL, no one ever sees a chainring sprocket on the left side of the BB shaft
One reason is because there's no keyway on the left side of the BB shaft.

When you keep the pedals, it makes the design EXTREMELY complicated, lol.
That's why no one does it.
Yes, there's a little bit of welding.
I'm coming to that part.

Depends on what you want to accomplish, im assuming your trying to get it to drive the multi speed on the right side.

You could use the 2 flywheel method, OR
You could flip the motor around, then add a gear plate to the converter (or clutch) to make the engine spin back around the right way, and then use a single free wheel to make the connection work. (Some Aussie guy did this, worked very well for him)

Plus it will save on wieght and complexity (1 flywheel and chain, vs 2-3 chains 2 flywheels)

If you want to try to make the predator run backwards. Make a adapter to the exhuast side for the intake, and then make a exhuast for the intake side, then you climate the need for a sub gear (in theory) BUT you would need to change the timing and flywheel magnet position (or the coil position)

Last edited:
Back