Anyone running the Honda/Huasheng 49cc without the sheet metal air deflector on head?

I has to be there because its a basicly stationary engine when mounted on a lawn tool.
On a vehicle in air flow you do not need the any of those shrouds.

over 1200 miles @ 10,000-12,500 rpm never saw any indication of overheating

ive had mine for a year, and might have about 900miles on it. i keep it rev ed low as possibile. short runs, nothing over 20 miles before i let it cool. + i live in cold area.

Thought I would put in my experience. I removed the shield on both my HS 142's not so much for looks but thinking I would get better cooling when the motor is on a bike with the cylinder exposed. I have used the honda version as a shrimp pot puller and to drive a 2" suction dredge in the past running wide open for hours on end with no over heating problems and that was stationary. so when I got the HS I figured I would get better air flow with the shield removed. I have a couple hundred miles on each bike so far and both are running great. By the way... I am a newbie, probably dumb, but definetly not rich!

re

i go about 20 miles a day on it. i keep fresh oil in it. i have about 800 miles on that motor replaced clutch 3 times still going, just like the pink battery bunny

Back