Anyone running the Honda/Huasheng 49cc without the sheet metal air deflector on head?

i like to see the results with the laser temp but my thought is it might be hotter with the shurlds on i never see a difference with my speed
on less im comeing home and wind is over 20 mph but i have hit speeds 40 mph with it at my back on a open road john thats funny what u said i cant prove it i have a look at the speedo but when I GOT THE BIKE the speedo WAS ON it wait ...... i just looked at it NOW . i can take a pic of it if u like it say 30169 miles well i just looked and my top speed was 41.0 and my avg.is 15.1 just to give to give u a ideal how i roll i also ride with out a baffle most times loud pipe saves lives lol @pipe setin alarms off as i pass i think im the only guy that can make a 49 cc motor sound cool anyways i love my bike i think everyone should be one one ..i live in a very flat state and i only deal with one bridge that gos over the river keep the shinny side up BOYS

Without a shroud, when you're sitting still, the motor will heat up. Then, as you pick ip speed, it'll cool off. I would think that you want to keep the motor running at as constant a temperature as you can.

Without a shroud, when you're sitting still, the motor will heat up. Then, as you pick ip speed, it'll cool off. I would think that you want to keep the motor running at as constant a temperature as you can.

That's my thought...but what do I know.

I took my exhaust shroud off my HS (brand X kit)
I liked the look much better...only had it off for a few hrs though(no riding during that time)and put it back after reading
it stays over 100 even at night here right now, so I ain't taking any chances (I waited almost 3yrs for my 4cycle, and am not going to jeopardize my engine for aesthetics)

Dont want to hi-jack my own thread with a topic change,...but....Im in Austin TX. Its been over 100 (103-106) every day for about 3 weeks now....my lawn is about 40% dead,.

BC

sorry man.... looks kike YOUR thread has already been jacked-- to the max!!

Keep us posted on your engine temps.

(& FWIW.... I wish my lawn WOULD die!! :devilish: )

i took mine off first day been riding it everyday. no problems. a lil metal sheild isnt gonna do much, anyways for a china built motor.

i took mine off first day been riding it everyday. no problems. a lil metal sheild isnt gonna do much, anyways for a china built motor.

It's an integral part of the motor on the Honda which, presumably, is why it's used on the Honda copy. The Chinese didn't design it - they just ripped it off.
If Honda reckon it needs to be there to cool the back & sides of the cylinder then I reckon it probably performs a necessary function. Given the motor revs so high when used on a bike I reckon it's function may be very necessary. How many miles has you motor done Don? And do you run for prolonged lengths at high revs?

Back