Anyone Tried these parts?

Tyler6357

Local time
8:14 PM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
threads from years ago discuss the bushings - I don't recall if rod needs reaming to install them

The bushings go in tight and after some running they break-in. The carbon filled holes hold on to some unused oil and the brass lessens piston slap. As for the mounts... metal 2 metal is my choice.(just sayin)

The bushings go in tight and after some running they break-in. The carbon filled holes hold on to some unused oil and the brass lessens piston slap. As for the mounts... metal 2 metal is my choice.(just sayin)
Thanks for responding! I wasn't sure, I have almost 2000 miles on my engine and was thinking of replacing the needle bearing and I was wondering about that brass bushing. Also, I had always heard metal 2 metal is best, I was wondering what that thing is designed to do? Would something like that reduce vibration? and wouldn't it wear out and possibly cause the bolts to loosen?

Also, I had always heard metal 2 metal is best, I was wondering what that thing is designed to do? Would something like that reduce vibration? and wouldn't it wear out and possibly cause the bolts to loosen?

When the bolts are torqued down the rubber is squashed to its limit anyway so it's only doing anything if the bolts are loose. :rolleyes:

and think about what it does to the rear mount, on the seat tube. Makes it into a fulcrum. :eek:

Metal to metal is best, and as rigid as possible. :)

This won't work on gas tank frames:

Back