Pull Start Anyone with pull start installition experience ?

PC

Your very welcome

Good on you

A pic. is worth a thousand words.

I still don't know how to post pic's as

I am puter illitrate and can't type nor

spell worth a hoot but I know my wrenchin...POPS

Pops, I took photos last night and then realized my card reader doesn't work. I bought a new tonight. Here are a couple of photos of the gears. I didn't think to measure the width of them Not that it matters. The one on the cent. clutch is definitely wider than the one on the engine. Doe this look like/similar to your situation ? As I said in an earlier post, the back sides of the two gears are flush with each other.

Attachments

• clutch1.jpg
    clutch1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 213
  • clutch2.JPG
    clutch2.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 217
Yes, my engine is brand new. I've had it for aobut 6 months and is has never been installed or had fuel in it. Might not ever in my posession. I'm thinking very seriously about selling it and all the accessories I have bought to go with it and buying a moped with peddles, not a scooter, and forget about all this stuff. I just want something dependable to ride for the fun of it. Mopeds are designed for engines, with heavier frames, wheels and spokes and don't give problems and worries like Crappy Times as I've seen them refered to here on the forum. If you know anything about mopeds, enlighten me. I am not going to buy one made in Asia. The only ones I find other than from Asia are Tomos brand. Seems like all of them are from China or India. Back in the 70's there were a lot of them from Europe.

Last edited:
Moped? Come On Live On The Wild Side ! !

So you are going with the, Insurance, License, License Plate and Emissions tests?

Oh, the shame of it. (

I have a trailbike that I have had in storage for years. It started everytime, first time, cost $200 a year for insurance and the license was cheap, but the ride to the emissions was scary every year. No real fun. Too dependable.

With the Schwinn and the Honda, I have the freedom of all the bike paths and many miles of paved ones on the canal system where I only see joggers and bikes.

If you put it together and ride it a little you can see if you are immune from the bug that bit the rest of us. ) If not, then sell the complete package and recover your investment?

Enjoy your step through. Kind of a sissy thing in some circles, but we understand. 8O) =

Happy trails

Jim

Last edited:
Excuse me, but all mopeds, and I say "MOPEDS", not scooters, do not have step through frames. Obvioyusly you're not up to date on them. You ride what you like, and I'll ride what I like. I don't need another freaking moped or motorized bike anyway. I already have one that has been absolutely trouble fee and has several hundred miles on it. I guess I'm a sissy because it's a friction drive. Some folks on this forum ride girls bikes because their state laws require them to have a step through. Others just because they're easier for them to get on and off. Does that make them sissies ? I should say not. This Grubee project is by far not my first and only xeperience with motorized bikes. I knew I'd get slack when I mentioned moped here. WHATEVER !Enough said !

Just Joking From A 71 Year Old To A Youngster Of 53

Nothing serious in the entire post. Not out to get you, Not out to make fun of your moped. Just promoting the hobby. BTW, my first Yamaha Trail 80 around 1967 or so was a step through that they put a big sprocket on the back to make it a "trail". I couldn't afford a Honda trail 90 like my buddy, so we bought the Yamaha premix for $175 new. I say we as he loaned me half of the money. It was fun, but had a tendency to sieze the piston on rough climbs with my 220# plus gear. Many a time I pulled the jug on trailside and rubbed down the cylinder and piston.

In closing, once again, no offense was meant or intended and got your age wrong in subject, but you can't edit the subject.

Jim

Last edited:
Yes, my engine is brand new. I've had it for aobut 6 months and is has never been installed or had fuel in it. Might not ever in my posession. I'm thinking very seriously about selling it and all the accessories I have bought to go with it and buying a moped with peddles, not a scooter, and forget about all this stuff. I just want something dependable to ride for the fun of it. Mopeds are designed for engines, with heavier frames, wheels and spokes and don't give problems and worries like Crappy Times as I've seen them refered to here on the forum. If you know anything about mopeds, enlighten me. I am not going to buy one made in Asia. The only ones I find other than from Asia are Tomos brand. Seems like all of them are from China or India. Back in the 70's there were a lot of them from Europe.

PC

I had
a 1985 Susiki?? PA50. Don't know how to spell that one.

It was an automatic and it was a step threw,Self mix.

It was great...58k per hour, Light enough so you could take it camping.

Throw it into your motor home, trailer and you got transport to the POP shop.

I don't know of any other bikes that fall into that zone?

In the USA it seems the laws are diff. from state to state.Same here/Province

It all depends what your legal stuff is and what you want. The PA 50 tums up.

The way I see it, for a few bucks and a bike it's todo...A project. Tinker Toy

Let me know WASS UP...

Last edited:
Thanks Pops. It's going to be a while with the Grubee. I need to get another bike to mount it on. I've backed on my old Schwinn. To nice of a bike from a collector point of view to scratch up or tear up back wheel. The motored bike I already have will have to do for now. I'm also considering a 4 stroke frame mount. Sickbikeparts told me a few weeks ago that they are soon to release a 4 stroke frame mount shift kit. Now that might be worth looking into. But in my opinion, there will always be the rear wheel issues with these things. That can be solved too. Bottom line is, it all depends on what you want and what you can afford. Catch you later pal !

Back