2 stroke motorized bike not wanting to start, doesn't make any noise when I let out the clutch.

There is no screen in my tank the plug is good I just bought it and it made a little noise as if it was trying to start but it won't start all the way my friend said to check the cdi I bought it 2 years ago but if it was that then it wouldn't start at all would it? I started to think it was the clutch because there is alot of slack and its not grabbing the piston but I'm not mechanically inclined I'm trying to learn hence why I'm asking what to do I had it at my other friends in his motel room took it out and it took 45 minutes to officially start and that night when I went and started it the bike never started since

If you are telling me it has none of those issues then ask me if it's the CDI, you haven't diagnosed it, because a CDI's job is to spark.

Also, 2 years ago? I thought you said this started once and never again?

So you're saying when you drop the clutch as you are pedaling, the engine isn't turning over? if so that may be a clutch adjustment issue or you have stripped teeth or your engine has internal damage.

If it took 45 minutes to start that would be a warning sign that it was on it's way out and now it's dead.

We can only do so much here, this is a very hands-on hobby that takes trial and error by the user, take what we've said here, watch some YouTube and slowly, methodically go through the engine, you will find your problem.

Growing up I had no Internet, no help, but I managed to garbage-pick lawnmowers and trimmers and get them working again at 11 years old, figured out what everything does and made sure each part worked.

Attachments

• 20240308_213021.jpg
    20240308_213021.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 35
If you are telling me it has none of those issues then ask me if it's the CDI, you haven't diagnosed it, because a CDI's job is to spark.

Also, 2 years ago? I thought you said this started once and never again?

So you're saying when you drop the clutch as you are pedaling, the engine isn't turning over? if so that may be a clutch adjustment issue or you have stripped teeth or your engine has internal damage.

If it took 45 minutes to start that would be a warning sign that it was on it's way out and now it's dead.

We can only do so much here, this is a very hands-on hobby that takes trial and error by the user, take what we've said here, watch some YouTube and slowly, methodically go through the engine, you will find your problem.

Growing up I had no Internet, no help, but I managed to garbage-pick lawnmowers and trimmers and get them working again at 11 years old, figured out what everything does and made sure
The reason why it took that long was because I didn't have the choke lever on to start it when it got cold and then the spark plug fouled but I'm going to take it to a guy who specializes in these bikes and have him look at it

2 years ago as when I got the CDI box and it worked.But I just really got to bike running again because I had to put a New sprocket on the tire.
And it It wrote just fine and thenthere was still a problem with The clutch because There's a whole bunch of slack in the Cable and it's not grabbing right this bike was never built correctly

Start at the front of the engine and work back. What spark plug do you have? The gap should be .63mm. Does it have spark? Is the magnet lined up in the center of the coil? Turn the little screw on the bottom of the carb, see if it lets fuel out.

Back