small bike issues/questions

kasp

Local time
9:09 AM
i recently bought an extra bike and some motorbike parts off a friend and also bought a new motor for cheap from a friend. built it up and it usually runs after it get it going.

first problem, when i pull the throttle it gives it power but it doesnt really stop giving it power even if i push the throttle back away from me. to remedy this i hold the clutch and slowdown (repeat).

second, the other day i saw some buildup leaking from the exhaust which i took off and checked out. i took of the bottom part of the exhaust(not sure what its called) with the long screw and saw a few small chips of metal. this could be from my friends old broken motor when he used it but i wasnt sure.

my gas toggle is also a little bit strange and it sometimes likes to dump gas out the air intake

my last question was how should i have my idle screw toggled and should i have my choke up or down. (additionally i am running 40:1)(new motor) thank you

Sounds like an air leak. If there are chunks in the exhaust and it still runs I'd recon its not from your engine. The Cap on the exhaust is called an exhaust cap FYI 😆. And DO NOT RUN 40 TO 1, RUN 25 TO 1 FOR BREAKIN AND 32 TO 1 AFTER. These aren't weed wackers, they like oil.

Buy a one gallon gas jug, buy Valvoline 2 cycle multi-purpose conventional oil, (No Synthetic oil during breakin)...Available at Autozone.

A 25:1 mix is 5.12 ounces of that 2 cycle oil, poured into one gallon of gas...once the oil is added, shake the gas jug vigorously to mix the gas and oil thoroughly, then pour it into the gas tank...Always shake the gas each and every time you fill that tank.

Back