Arrow 7hp with 48 Tooth Sprocket 30-35mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not an Arrow reed box on Philip's engines,looks like CDH's or Gas Bike,I'm shocked to see the stock fasteners on yours through out.He races with SMB and has had many variations of his set up.
You don't think his reed box looks like the one on the Arrow 5hp? Sorry what are the "stock fasteners" that you mentioned?

I do know what fasteners are, but it looks like Arrow has those on their 9.5hp product too. This is from their own website.
s177151406464258209_p30_i1_w1066.jpeg

I don't have much mechanical and mathematical knowledge so I'm gauging the rpm range by ear. :) I guess I won't have much choice but to lose a bit of the acceleration no matter what the smaller size sprocket will be, but I'm hoping that the expansion chamber upgrade will help make up for it. I'll have to do some more research for sure. I like the idea of doing one thing at a time to be able to more accurately know what part is making the difference.
If you are pushing 7 horse try a 36 tooth sprocket with a Poo-Poo (that's really what it's called). The pipe is about $70 bucks, but when you wrap it with insulation it carries a lot of heat and your engine will run cooler and last longer. EBay has the sprocket for about $15, but shop around for the pipe because I've seen them from $49-$99. Good luck.

You don't think his reed box looks like the one on the Arrow 5hp? Sorry what are the "stock fasteners" that you mentioned?
Stock fasteners just means cheap Chinese nuts and bolts. I go to Home Depot and replace everything with stainless steel. You can find all-thread to cut down for head bolts, intake and exhaust. Also use all-thread connectors as head nuts because they will catch a lot more thread. Good luck.

I am shocked to see ppl paying over $500 a China motor, no matter how it is modded or polished. 7 HP? Ha!

There are better ways to waste money!
I'm with you brother. You can get a GT 5 motor with a GT 90 Conversion Kit and build the same thing for $300. I looked at this guys web site and had to laugh at his prices. He seems to have a niche in the "sucker market"

I'm with you brother. You can get a GT 5 motor with a GT 90 Conversion Kit and build the same thing for $300. I looked at this guys web site and had to laugh at his prices. He seems to have a niche in the "sucker market"
No disagreement from me either. My next set up will be done by a local guy Dustin Runyon at Why Pedal Az, here in the Phoenix area.

If you are pushing 7 horse try a 36 tooth sprocket with a Poo-Poo (that's really what it's called). The pipe is about $70 bucks, but when you wrap it with insulation it carries a lot of heat and your engine will run cooler and last longer. EBay has the sprocket for about $15, but shop around for the pipe because I've seen them from $49-$99. Good luck.
I appreciate the advice, but my next pipe will be a dirt bike exhaust, but yeah the guy that's doing the work on my bike also suggested a 36 tooth sprocket.

I appreciate the advice, but my next pipe will be a dirt bike exhaust, but yeah the guy that's doing the work on my bike also suggested a 36 tooth sprocket.
If you go with a dirt bike pipe you're going to have to get into jetting your carb and possibly even upgrading to a reed valve piston to get it to run right. (I think) I've built 15 bikes and I've learned that every change begins a cascade of other changes.
Best of luck.

Some mods are beneficial with with a good pipe, but you will still have noticeable improvement. With the engine you have a their should be a good improvement over the SBP pipe. As far as jetting goes Dustin will be more than capable of getting you to where you need to be.
And for those of you out there without reeded engines a good pipe will work for you. The poo poo pipe is just exactly as it sounds. It belongs in a toilet rather than on a 2 stroke bike. Just look through the forums. Nobody uses this piece of crap these days.

That's not an Arrow reed box on Philip's engines, He races with SMB and has had many variations of his set up.
Philip Spieler is banned from Socal Motor Bicycle Racing. He came to half an April Grange race and then the next May race at Willow Springs.
Philip was banned for not disclosing that he was a sex offender and a few other serious reasons too. He will not be racing with us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back