Axle broke traveling 30mph.

I like to take twisties hard, I hit the apex and roll on the throttle hard right after. I know it's something you can't do, and I would be bored if I couldn't lol. I'm biased because I know how much more fun it is to run it like current motorcycles. There is a reason mid engine rear wheel drive is the sole survivor in the motorcycle scene since it's inception. What you are doing right now is working through ideas the original motorcycle builders had, and discarded after some r&d. You will be flabbergasted riding a mid engine/rear drive after this pusher if you never rode a dirtbike. If you've rode a dirtbike, you should be disappointed with the trailer.
LOL. Yeah with turns i downgrade to 15-20mph, wavy road about 25mph, and flats i can go whatever i want. Currently governed it does 30+ on flats, but i could take it off to go 45-50. The acceleration is really really slow after 30 and that's mainly its top speed. Never ridden a dirt bike.

If you push it on turns you will crash!!!!!! So i take it slow. but i do like my pusher because it looks pretty crazy and people when they see it usually compliment it and ask questions... The purpose of my engine bike was to be a step up from me taking the train. so i am happy with my bike. I will eventually make a predator 212 rear drive in a few months....
Right now i am running short of cash. Like really short. I am going to probably take a slight break from building bikes and start selling custom furniture and metal stuff and maybe food in nyc to get some money. I made this cart, here, and think i can profit off it via turning it into a street stand and set up in Manhattan. This is an old picture, but the new one looks a lot better...

Attachments

• IMG_3543.JPG
    IMG_3543.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 8FB358DD-885C-4A04-9154-BD256CF34FF1.jpg
    8FB358DD-885C-4A04-9154-BD256CF34FF1.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Just trying to shake some s**t out of his head I would feel humiliated if I had to drag that trash behind me. It's too top heavy it will fall over the huge shaft snaps into that's a big steel rod then there was several other defects then looking at the space won't carry more than a bag everything else will fall out of it for a reasonable price I place acquisition tactics he could have a test proven nifty little stroller from my experience when residents see someone hauling trash through their neighbors call police to get rid of the public eyesore a móm would have hard time reflecting on herself if it was the latest athletic motherhood fad dragging by

I thought after the assassination everybody was going to run out pull off those fallout signs dance in the street and shout yippie NO ATOMIC WAR I mention that to another he just said those are his remains what's left.
Those signs my DoD Tactician pointed out once they have a special paint once heated to several thousand degrees they don't turn black they turn blue as if it's gonna be a sign of loyalty to the monster.
LsHnGJ9.jpg

Inspector never disappoints.

I can read his threads super baked and still the first thing I think is "Man, THAT guy is high" :ROFLMAO:

Inspector never disappoints.

I can read his threads super baked and still the first thing I think is "Man, THAT guy is high" :ROFLMAO:
I've been meaning to follow him for a while, think I'm gonna click "subscribe" tonight. Sometimes he posts like a somewhat normal dude, like tonight. Other times, its Einstein with a frog tongue and hiding a piston in a tree with rings in another tree 3 blocks down.
No matter what, he definitely adds a spicy twist to the mix :p.

New axle.

Attachments

• A1BC996C-68C3-4174-B8D8-C43645F79F6A.jpeg
    A1BC996C-68C3-4174-B8D8-C43645F79F6A.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 7C49C535-1D74-4DDF-8002-5E5EA3A1D35D.jpeg
    7C49C535-1D74-4DDF-8002-5E5EA3A1D35D.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 150
Proved my point just happen to drop in at the Good Will store found this baby for 25 bucks however there is a hitch that maybe missing can you tell from the pic?
I drop in at REI they wanted $25.00 for there's same price as the trailer!
But I bought another bike last summer had bowl type hitch well s**t should of been precognitive i might need that hitch soooo is what I got to do 8s get a magnet drag through the dirt cause I'm pretty sure I grounded it in.
IMG_20191205_121400.jpg
IMG_20191205_121414.jpg

Well I stop and bought the damn thing. Bad trouble dragging it home without the hub bracket.
Got on my hands and knees first with a trowel scrap the earth then thought I'd look 8n bone bags maybe I was precognitive myself sure enough 2nd bag had it me delighted.
That we'll come in handy on fetching a 50lbs propane bottle use to kill me on bike.

So I presume from the 2 pics both the adapter and the trailer 3/8" holes go over the axle and the hub slides in with the pull pin right?
Pic won't upload now half.
IMG_20191205_141341.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_161357.jpg
    IMG_20191205_161357.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20191205_141341.jpg
    IMG_20191205_141341.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 115
I am afraid you are mistaken. Inspector I would suggest trying to learn some of the structural formulas, they come in handy in the shop and would teach you to overbuild things and not be using these crappy trailers for pushing purposes. First of I would NEVER use aluminum on any machinery with an engine. I am not sure if that's aluminum. But even if its steel, the tubing is WAY to THIN. Also, the math says your stuff is substandard.... I dont feel like running the equations but i could... My idea is better. See look at how strong my 1.5" axle is....

This image shows the deflection of the 1.5" axle if the span is 14" across the 2 pillow blocks with a load of 1000 lbs in the center.
Its a TINY 0.007" at the center. If i decided, which i think is unnecessarily to move the pillow blocks inwards to a 7" span. The axle deflection would be a tiny tiny tiny tiny 0.001" at center at 1000lbs center load. I could run the formulas for my trailer and compare it to that weak chinesium crap baby stroller thing you have the back and i know what would happen. I should have ran the formulas for my 5/8 axle that failed because i just did that yesterday and the software said it would not pass at 1000lbs. I really dont have an accurate way of knowing the force on the axle's center, unless someone more enlightened could share some physics formulas, I would think F=ma or Hp = torque x rpm/5252 would be a good start, but I think 1000 lbs is an estimate with a very decent safety factor.

Last edited:
I am afraid you are mistaken. Inspector I would suggest trying to learn some of the structural formulas, they come in handy in the shop and would teach you to overbuild things and not be using these crappy trailers for pushing purposes. First of I would NEVER use aluminum on any machinery with an engine. I am not sure if that's aluminum. But even if its steel, the tubing is WAY to THIN. Also, the math says your stuff is substandard.... I dont feel like running the equations but i could... My idea is better. See look at how strong my 1.5" axle is....
View attachment 91686
This image shows the deflection of the 1.5" axle if the span is 14" across the 2 pillow blocks with a load of 1000 lbs in the center.
Its a TINY 0.007" at the center. If i decided, which i think is unnecessarily to move the pillow blocks inwards to a 7" span. The axle deflection would be a tiny tiny tiny tiny 0.001" at center at 1000lbs center load. I could run the formulas for my trailer and compare it to that weak chinesium crap baby stroller thing you have the back and i know what would happen. I should have ran the formulas for my 5/8 axle that failed because i just did that yesterday and the software said it would not pass at 1000lbs. I really dont have an accurate way of knowing the force on the axle's center, unless someone more enlightened could share some physics formulas, I would think F=ma or Hp = torque x rpm/5252 would be a good start, but I think 1000 lbs is an estimate with a very decent safety factor.

View attachment 91687
1000 lbs is about equal to a half ton pile of hot asphalt about 4' X 5' larger than the vehicle it's been momma approve for about 10 to 40lbs kid but after towing it out of track I don't know because it flip all over on me and no matter how I adjusted the mirrors or try to turn around I could not see so the kid would be on a hell ride of his life so I hope once I put the adapter bracket on it will be stable.
No it's not a freight trailer it does have specs written on the back have not gotten around to read as yet.
But just like aircraft they want light weight material to get it to fly that still has material strength I don't want pick up 300lbs of iron or drag it on weights that are suppose to be minimal.
Do you think with all your hi school diploma education you are in the wrong field try to make a living on DIY who tend to spend less than $200 on their projects.
Most would consider working on cars 9ver $20,000 to make a living almost any one here would wrench their guts to pay you $50 for advice who's comparisons that don't gravitate to the weights involve.
But thanks for the graphs.

Last edited:
Back