AZBill's EZ Motorbike kit is here !!!

updates to my bike :)

here are some new pics, I have done a few new things, mostly aesthetic, but some important as well

1st pic ... rotor mounted chrome 50tooth (thanks Dave, I finally got to use it properly :))
2nd pic ... right rear shot, showing cut out of sprocket and new armadillo croossroads tire
3rd & 4th pic ... my seatpost was made for bmx and, while strong, was too high for me...cut and bent then re-welded the support and now I can sit and still be flat footed (I am 6'1" !!!)
5th pic ... bent and painted crank (I tried using little 5" cranks, but it was very hard to pedal the trailer)
6th pic ... drilled out a 10mm, 1.25 pitch bolt, cut the head off it, clamped a piece of fuel line and plugged it with original drain plug (drain it directly into a used oil bottle :))
7th pic ... left side showing new Armadillo Crossroads 26x1.95 tires I got for my b-day
8th pic ... right side showing painted engine cover (fusion vinyl paint), and painted rear of silent-drive housing (high-heat krylon)
9th pic ... the reason I do all this...Sophia & Bianca

Attachments

• mini-May 15 '09 chrome 50 tooth.jpg
    mini-May 15 '09 chrome 50 tooth.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 370
  • mini-May 15 '09 right rear, new armadillo crossroads.jpg
    mini-May 15 '09 right rear, new armadillo crossroads.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 347
  • mini-May 15 '09 modded seatpost2.jpg
    mini-May 15 '09 modded seatpost2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 349
  • mini-May 15 '09 modded seatpost.jpg
    mini-May 15 '09 modded seatpost.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 318
  • mini-May 15 '09 newly bent, painted crank.jpg
    mini-May 15 '09 newly bent, painted crank.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 344
  • mini-May 15 '09 remote oil drain.jpg
    mini-May 15 '09 remote oil drain.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 397
  • mini-May 15 '09 left side.jpg
    mini-May 15 '09 left side.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 421
  • mini-May 15 '09 right side view.jpg
    mini-May 15 '09 right side view.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 409
  • mini-May 15 '09 Sophia, Bianca trailer.jpg
    mini-May 15 '09 Sophia, Bianca trailer.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
WOW nice bike! Great craftsmanship and very well thought out.

She's really nice Bill - great strong build -and will look better when you make all the little adjustments I'm sure. Can you describe the ride characteristics compared to the old gearboxes. Like how it handles pulling away from stationary and if it has more pulling power on hills. I think I've read that top speed isn't that different but everything else probably is. I'm presuming they are all using the Huasheng motor which with the old Gb was pretty poor on hills with a 48T sprocket. The Honda was better but I'm dying to know how this gearbox changes things. I wonder will you take her to the Salt Flats this year?

I just filled my tank with the last of my orig 3galllons
full tank = 1/2 gal
therefore I have used 2.5 gal
odometer says 507 miles
mileage is approx 200mpg

80% of miles are pulling 100+ lbs of trailer and grandkids !!!
(the gas savings alone should pay for the price difference between it and a HT)

I am still learning take-off,,, launching with the trailer is not very easy yet
solo, it takes off no prob, and can accelerate up most hills
I am thinking the 50tooth may be too small for my needs, power for pulling is my main priority

I must say that any issue I have had, has been dealt within a 'how can we prevent this from happening again' attitude...very refreshing :cool:

Last edited:
That info is really informative Bill and speaks volumes for the efficacy of the EZM kit. Thanks. I just hope this kit makes it down to Oz one day soon because I'm teetotally sold on it. Accellerating up hills and solo standing start sound just fantastic.
The grandkids will just love that trailer when it starts to fishtail at Mach 1.9 next summer on the Bonneville Salt Flats! They might need ejector seats and parachutes!

Back