azbill's EZM stretch project

last try got deleted ???
one more time... (pics are at the 'other' place I am known to be :))

a few people have asked for pics of my not-finished-yet stretch
the bike is a Micargi Mustang GTS (x-mas present)
I am still mid build and am waiting for an in-frame tank---azvinnie (my son-in-law) is making it (his first time making one) the tape is to protect paint during tank fitting
I have a budget of 0$, so am making it with what I have available
(I sold a back wheel and other parts to finance the sprocket/adapter I got from Jim -- thanks Elmo)
I am doing a lot of measuring to get everything ready for the drive train swap from my Jaguar
(I need a bike Mon-Fri to take oldest grandkid to school, so I need to be up n running quickly)

1st pic is full side view showing whole bike
2nd pic showing Jim's sprocket (72T) and hd coaster wheel (12ga spokes)
3rd + 4th pic are MC mirrors I got on the bay and the seat post clamps I used to mount the mirrors
5th pic shows motor mount and pedal chain routing
I changed pedal sprocket to a 36T to make it easy to pedal with the girls/trailer, and routed chain under engine to lower the center of gravity (ie...better handling)
the motor mount is clamped to bottom tube with tensioner brackets and exhaust clamp saddles
the bracket on the seat post is to stabilize the engine/trans from side-to-side twist (bracket comes from an old seat post mounted rack)
I hope I have the patience to wait for Vinnie to do the tank , I am dieing to ride this bike

I thought I would add some pics of the granddaughters' new trailer to the build thread (transporting them around is the main reason I built my bike)

the trailer was designed/built by their father (azvinnie), it has suspension, a full steel frame and is skinned in aluminum with a custom bimini top (stitched by my daughter Crystal), that tilts up for head clearance while getting in/out

Sweeeet!

AzBill, This is an outstanding job! I love the whole bike & trailer thing. Your MB experience has developed a good eye & great build talents within you. What engine is that you used? Being a relative noob I don't recognize it. I enjoyed reading thru this thread. Congrats on a job well done. Sweeeet! One last...Thinking of protectin' the lil'uns, might a rear fender be installed to prevent pitching dirt, pebbles, & stones up into the children's faces? Again well done. --- cargo-master

thanks CM :)
the drive line is an EZ Motorbike 4cycle kit
I am in the process of fixing/replacing the rear fender,,,
Sophia (the 7 yr old) thought it would be cool to sit on it and proceeded to make the bike fall over along with bending the fender out of repairable (by me) shape :(

Vinnie did add the front plate (with a forward facing bend) to keep me from flinging grave at them tho ;)

some new pics of it 99% finished
lights are installed, wiring needs to done, and battery mounted

all taken in front of the fountain the town was named for
That's such a beautiful bike, very well done and tastefully executed. Great.

Love the bike and trailer, awesome look. They would kill to have that set up in the Philippines!!!

But your website leaves me puzzled, what are you selling? No pics of actual product. I seen the gallery but that still doesn't tell us what your selling.

thanks for all the kind words, the girls love their new chariot :):):)

zipsnipe,,,
my sig says it all ;)
I am an EZ Motorbike dealer (4cycle in-frame kits) :)

AzBill, Where'd you get your headlight? It looks dynamite on there. Do you think it throws enough light out ahead for your needs? And... Does it use disposable batteries? Or rechargeable battery pack? Or do you have it wired into a gen/alt set-up? Again, kuddo on your ride. It's purdy. Your little'uns are lucky'uns. --- c/m

Back