Baffle removal?

So I'm not rich or lean.... I get about 90 to 100 miles per gallon. My tank is almost half a gallon. Does it matter? I'd think richer would be a gas hog....I have the basic carburetor. Roughly 40 to 50 miles per tank.
My engine sounds great and that muffler is just so freaking loud. I swear I can't even wear my earphones anymore and listen to music cuz I can't hear the music, LOL
And if I decelerate throttle just a little bit it... It'll make a pop pop pop pop pop like a Harley. LoL
But yes my pin is on the 3rd knotch of 5.
Should I raise or lower it? which is up and which is down vertically?
If it runs great as is.... Maybe leave it alone?
Probably fine as is. If you want to play, you can start with a warmed up engine and preferably a new or very clean plug. Stick your plug wrench in your pocket. Ride the bike at 1/2 throttle for at least 2 minutes (longer is better) without changing the throttle position at all. Now, simultaneously pull in the clutch and kill the engine and stop. Do not let the engine run at any other speed or your test result will be affected. Pull the plug and read the insulator color. Chocolate brown is good. Grey or white is lean, black and sooty is too rich.

You are in the middle , so if it's lean, you want to raise the tapered needle out of the jet to let more fuel flow past it. To raise the needle, move the clip to a lower position, and vice versa. With the clip at the top position of the needle, the mixture will be as lean as you can get it.

But before you do this, you'd really want to get the right main jet by doing the same sort of test, but with the throttle at WOT.

Chances are it isn't too bad as is. If you aren't fouling plugs or burning up your engine, and it's running good, no big worries, but it's possible that your exhaust mod has made the engine lean out, so you may need a larger jet if you've done that recently and noticed a significant performance increase.

I don't think a four stroke car tailpipe gas analysis would work with a 2 cycle engine. For one thing it's a two stroke and even when running optimally they're pumping out quite a a bit of hydrocarbon. ( unburnt or poorly combusted fuel-air mix..) also the tail pipe volume is very small.

Here the pic of mine when I took bolt off... I havent looked inside pipe. It's cold... friggin 49° in Boca Raton Florida this a.m.
That isn't the baffle, that is the end cap. Cut that so it pokes out only a little, then grind out the 2 tack welds on the baffle that bikeforlife showed
Ok know what do I have to do?? No aluminum tube came out. There are 2 tubes welded behind this plate baffle thing.
then weld the end cap back on. Someone claimed that it works as a ghetto diy expansion chamber.

That isn't the baffle, that is the end cap. Cut that so it pokes out only a little, then grind out the 2 tack welds on the baffle that bikeforlife showed

then weld the end cap back on. Someone claimed that it works as a ghetto diy expansion chamber.
So here is what the inside of my pipe looks like..... Nothing like bike4lifes muffler... And the piece that came out... Looks like I can cut 2 or 3 inches off without disrupting anything... Lol.... Bet Louder....
Suggestions open.

Attachments

• 20181211_163508-1.jpg
    20181211_163508-1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 20181211_163504-1.jpg
    20181211_163504-1.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20181211_073258_HDR-1.jpg
    20181211_073258_HDR-1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 102
Today I completely gutted my muffler. Cut off about 1” from the end with a metal band saw which meant it cut right before the baffle which was welded on and therefore impossible to remove. Is it okay if it’s completely gutted, that wouldn’t be a performance down side right??

Attachments

• 099F6D6F-135A-464C-9F5B-8764E55D011B.png
    099F6D6F-135A-464C-9F5B-8764E55D011B.png
    1 MB · Views: 108
  • 02E99FC8-148F-4739-98B3-B97CF2397DF9.png
    02E99FC8-148F-4739-98B3-B97CF2397DF9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • E680263C-578D-47E3-B098-2FAF2AA52B4D.png
    E680263C-578D-47E3-B098-2FAF2AA52B4D.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
Weld the cap back on and enjoy your better than stock exhaust.
when i weld it back on, it doesnt have to be airtight right??? Just a few tacks every 90 degrees around the perimeter should be fine right????
Also, I assume i have to move the carb needle outward to make it richer too right?

So here is what the inside of my pipe looks like..... Nothing like bike4lifes muffler... And the piece that came out... Looks like I can cut 2 or 3 inches off without disrupting anything... Lol.... Bet Louder....

You have srange looking muffler, mine from 49cc kit.

1.jpg

Back