BBR motor ready frame Q's

You got a 4" grinder & a thin cutoff wheel, you can make a spoke wrench. Find some 1/8-1/4"metal plate & cut it to shape, then cut a slot in it to fit your spoke nipples.
Ratcheting. :p
Is that a Monster Miata? If your a miata fan, you should know what I'm speaking of. I'll get around to building 1 some day.
It's a Spec Miata. I am familiar with v8 Miata's. I'm in the automotive performance industry :)

I kinda figured that by the looks of your shop, you got a nice setup there!!!
Thx. Last month marked 11yrs here. Time goes by fast. Got quite a collection of tools over the years, not much we can't do with metal and/or engines.

Got the rear axle moved over, pedals and chain installed. Took it for a test ride under pedal power. Rolls along nice. Rusty takes some effort to get moving lol, this things is like an ice skate. :) Straightened the rotors, gotta install the pull cables and order an engine mount.

Attachments

• IMG_20220319_125352.jpg
    IMG_20220319_125352.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20220319_125419.jpg
    IMG_20220319_125419.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 111
Don't "need" to widen the frame, but, as you can see, there's a huge offset due to the sprocket and rotor. Moving the spacers to the right will make the rotor hit the frame. So, plan is to just spread the stays and add spacers to the right.
That's not right, a wheel with disc brakes is supposed to be dished meaning the hub should be offset from the centerline of the wheel, this looks like it was dished in reverse/wrong side.
These are aluminum frames they don't take well to being stretched/bent out and the stay's are known to break when you do this.

That's not right, a wheel with disc brakes is supposed to be dished meaning the hub should be offset from the centerline of the wheel, this looks like it was dished in reverse/wrong side.
These are aluminum frames they don't take well to being stretched/bent out and the stay's are known to break when you do this.
Too late. The rims are centered on the hubs. I'm going to end up building wheels, just want to get this thing together, running, and sorted before moving on.

and order an engine mount.
You could always build your own engine mount as I have done...You have a shop that i don't have...This was all done with hand tools and hand held power tools and a bead blaster to smooth it all out of course...It is made from a bar of 7075 T-6 military aviation grade aluminum.

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

You could always build your own engine mount as I have done...You have a shop that i don't have...This was all done with hand tools and hand held power tools and a bead blaster to smooth it all out of course...It is made from a bar of 7075 T-6 military aviation grade aluminum.
Thought about it. Have a knee mill and lathe, so I am sure some custom stuff will end up on this thing. Just hard not to spend $30 just to have it be done.

Just hard not to spend $30 just to have it be done.
I have found that certain key parts need to be made or adapted just to ensure a good bike build...It's done right the first time and you don't have to go back and re-go things all over again...I did the same thing with my rear disk caliper adapter...made it out of the same material that the front motor mount was made of and it is totally no slip...The front disk brake adapter is an aviation grade "Adel" clamp from an F-16.

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg

Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg

Ugh. You just HAD to encourage me. :/ :p

Attachments

• IMG_20220319_141328.jpg
    IMG_20220319_141328.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 122
Hey guys...This is the rack that I use because the regular type racks that Risk Man used do not always adapt well for motorised bike usage...This one adapts itself with infinite adjustability and works exceedingly well...DAMIEN

Here is my bike with that rack as i use it to hold onto my baskets and rear deck bag....The first pic is the way my bike is now with mags and disk brakes...The other two pics are the way my bike was before the conversion to mag wheels and seem to show the rack setup a little better as it mounts to different areas of the frame so it does not interfere with the disk rotor and rear sprocket setup or the seat post.

View attachment 169502View attachment 169503View attachment 169504
Agreed. The one I bought that is discontinued had the adjustable brackets similar to yours.... that is a good value and very adaptable.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back