Bell Glide Tire

Timbone

Local time
2:10 AM
tire.jpgI am very happy with this tire, having bought it for about $20. It is the best tire so far that I have used for a motorbike.

This Bell Glide tire is on the rear and I keep it firm. I'd guess about 45 psi. It really makes a difference from the balloon style tire I was using.

My front tire is a 2.25" balloon style cruiser tire that I keep a tad underinflated as it soaks up road roughness quite well. This really helps as I have no suspension on the front fork. I am searching to find an affordable front fork that will make things better.

Actually, Timbone, you don't have to buy a front fork. Just keep your eyes on the curbs. Someone will throw out some cheap mountain bike with shocks on it. That's how I keep front suspension on my bikes.

Could you take a photo of your actual tire? I wouldn't mind having a look at it.

Here's pic of the Bell Glide tire ("for comfort bikes") that I bought at WallyWorld. It has a think rubber patch right down the center and leaning a corner at 25mph it is very stiff. 1.75" wide.

IMG_0145.JPG

Back