Best 4 Cycle Combo?

Ya mind showing me where the bushing goes and where it's tight
Sorry I don't know I've never had a motor like that.
You said the factory one lasted about 4 miles what happened, is it ruined? Or did it just get tight?
Like Chainlube says sand it or file it to make room, should only have take a couple thousands off.
I sanded it down after it locked up after a few miles.. Oiled it over a week, then reinstalled it. Worked a few miles, locked up again. Basically it gets hot, expands, and locks up. That's how I'm confused how this design could ever work. With decent quality parts, maybe it would work. Now that I have a new bell that much thicker. Maybe I will look into a proper oilite bushing. This one that came with the kit is obviously not good (since nothing else was).

Bronze expands faster than Steel and Aluminum expands faster than Bronze.

I did not try sanding the inside. That part seemed to fit pretty decently. But that is an idea.

I would never buy a q-matic. I have one. It's a pig and doesn't grab
until about 12 mph. I also think the company stinks. They never
answer e-mails.
Damn that sucks. Too bad cause it’s such a great design. Try the yellow clutch spring.
Interesting.. Yea, maybe just the one that came with the kit is garbage (like everything else). I'd have to take good measurements to order another for sure.
So what does that bushing go on? It looks like your bushing is bearing the rotation on the outside surface. This is very strange to me as just about every oilite bearing I have used bears the load on the ID.

Damn that sucks. Too bad cause it’s such a great design. Try the yellow clutch spring.

So what does that bushing go on? It looks like your bushing is bearing the rotation on the outside surface. This is very strange to me as just about every oilite bearing I have used bears the load on the ID.
Goes between the crank and clutch bell. Yea, the outside is taking the brunt of the force.

When you put the bolt in the end of the crank, does it contact the bushing, or is the bushing a little loose?

It fits perfectly on the crank. The crankshaft measures 15MM. I ordered a 5/8s oilite bushing, and you can see it is larger. I wonder if this piece that came with my kit is even an oilite bushing? I have no idea. You can tell it is a different texture.

Also, I think my crank is actually a tapered shaft? With the clutch off, you can see the tapered portion. So if that is the case, that opens up more transmission options and I can order something from bikeberry, etc..

Also - The chain always gets slack in it after a short drive. Tighten it, drive a few miles, and it will loosen again. No idea why as everything is tight... Only guess is the large pulley cam on the transmission is shifting - but I have the bolts cranked pretty tight.. So Not totally certain on the cause.

I watched a video about installing the clutch and there was a color he inserted into the bushing after he put it on Do you have all the pieces Show us a pic of everything you need to bolt on the clutch bell.

I watched a video about installing the clutch and there was a color he inserted into the bushing after he put it on Do you have all the pieces Show us a pic of everything you need to bolt on the clutch bell.
Yes - I have those pieces as well. There is a copper washer between the clutch and oilite bushing - and a smaller collar and bolt that tightens it all together.

Back