Best expansion chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give your wife the 49cc with the banana, you'll want mz miami parts mz65 expansion chamber for your personal bike. We can't have your wife riding with more power than you (please don't let her read this, I don't need a hit-woman after me!!).
Don't do like me and slowly upgrade. It's gonna cost you alot more in the long run. I have spare parts sitting around to downgrade my bike if I want...
I won't get what I paid for those parts, so I'm just sitting on them... I even took apart every rear wheel I wrecked to save every good spoke, hub, freewheel, rim, bearing and axle. I might use them one day.... or sell em.... I have a hard time trashing most of a bike when I bought it for one thing....

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Im curious as to how well that carb and Reed valve works. Looks like a kiehin carb and should be able to tune it nicely.

The mz pipe works great. They are very hard to find. A jog scooter pipe modified to fit works really well also. Mikuni vm18 works great. 21mm oko carb works well if ported and tuned properly. 19 dellorto phbg works great as well. These bigger carbs all need proper porting and a properly tuned expansion pipe.
20200420_154119.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is there a way to mod the cdh66 expansion chamber to be better? I just bought it for the shape so I can put my big muffler on my back rack. But it would be neat if I can mod the header or something. I know a welder. I know the belly is small, but what would be the perfect header for the cdh66 in terms of length and if it should be tapered and stuff?

Better is a matter of preference. Any pipe can be modified. A longer header pipe is suited more for low end power and lowers the rpm at which the pipe starts to hit on, a shorter header favours higher rpm and moves the powerband of the pipe up on the rpm. It's a matter of preference of what you want your bike to do. When I make my pipes I use sanitary weld connectors, they come in a variety of shapes and sizes and reducers.

Better is a matter of preference. Any pipe can be modified. A longer header pipe is suited more for low end power and lowers the rpm at which the pipe starts to hit on, a shorter header favours higher rpm and moves the powerband of the pipe up on the rpm. It's a matter of preference of what you want your bike to do. When I make my pipes I use sanitary weld connectors, they come in a variety of shapes and sizes and reducers.
Chris, any idea how long each of those sections? Looks varied by diameter.

Guys are using all of the different 80cc dirtbike expansion chambers from yamaha to kawasaki to honda. Lots of guys are using saw cylinders or minarelli watercooler moped cylinders as well. Lots can be done with these engines it's all dependent on how much of your wallet you want to part with. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back