Best Fuel Line??

FiftyCali

Local time
5:53 PM
Looking for something cool, steel braided maybe or best clear fuel line. Currently using thick black car fuel line. It's cool but dont like the fitment down by carb and fuel inlet. Tight fit for hose and clamp. Or an angled fuel inlet would be awesome!!

Attachments

• 20200827_064825.jpg
    20200827_064825.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 193
Try lawn mowers section at auto-zone you should find clear 1/4 fuel line in a package . Also O‘Reilly’s has it too.

As far as the Best Fuel Line goes for a motor bike. I Vote for Motion Pro Tygon M/C Fuel line. It's nice and rubbery flexible for a long time
Or ya can buy a colored fuel line. It comes in all colors of the rainbow. But Colored and Clear Vinyl fuel line is stiffer and gets hard faster
Especially where it fits on the fuel barb. But not Motion Pro it stays flexible.

Attachments

• DSCF2398 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF2398 - Copy.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF2400 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF2400 - Copy.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCF2403.JPG
    DSCF2403.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Either yellow tygon ( there are different types of tygon for different applications, yellow is fuel grade) or regular old black fiber reinforced fuel line.
Black fiber reinforced fuel line is a bit bulky and clunky but is much less resistant to kinking and getting pinched. It also takes a hose clamp better without getting cut up by them. Which can sometimes happen with tygon and the softer more flexible fuel lines.

What type of hose clamp to use on your fuel line?

Screw Band Hose Clamps should not be used on fuel lines. They are easily over tightened and cut into the fuel line.
Pic of a Screw Band Hose Clamp
DSCF2414.JPG

Spring Hose Clamps should be used on fuel lines they can't be over tightened and they don't cut into fuel lines.
Motorcycle manufactures and car manufactures use them for a reason.

I use Spring Hose Clamps on my M/B and M/C
The Spring Hose Clamps for my M/B ya just use your fingers to squeeze the clamp and put it on.
DSCF2407.JPG

The Spring Hose Clamps for my M/C ya squeeze with a pair of pliers
DSCF2409.JPGDSCF2408.JPG

Back