Best Fuel Line??

If I'm using flexible fuel lines I usually use mechanic wire twisted with needle nose. Black fiber fuel line I fuel injector style clamps or less often work gear After many years in small engine I frigging despise those garbage spring clamps. They're junk, I get rid of those any time I see them on any equipment. They work playing on flexible line but I still have seen them eat into tygon, 9x out of ten I see a broken flex line, it's at the clamp be it worm gear a homeowner used or the stock spring band junk. Twisted lock wire all the way. And we never ever use them on anything marine since they consistently fail from securing well under the beatings. They're used, imo because they are 1 cheap, 2 don't leave anything hanging to catch on s**t, but they absolutely suck ass, especially on black fiber reinforced lines.

All fuel lines are not created equal. My ace hardware supplied gas line only last 1 year or 2 max. It gets hard and cracks and is not reusable. OEM Honda fuel lines are great, they remain pliable and reusable for years but they're black and can't see fuel going through them. So I'm interested too. What is the best see through gas line and where do you buy it. What's it made of that makes it superior to the elcheapo gas lines that crack and get hard way too soon?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I find the screw band type hose clamps don't work very well on small diameter lines becaukse they don't deform into a perfect circle when they are tightened down around a small diameter line, as can be seen in the first picture Wrench showed above. I am thinking of using stainless steel zip ties, tightened by CV Boot Band Pliers then folded over. If it works, it would look really nice, but I'm not yet sukre how well it will work.

Last edited:
I’ve had pretty good luck with those zip ties in the past . Just get the size that fits right in the groves on the inlets pull them snug . Fold them looks good and holds good. As far a hose goes Wrench is right that hose cost some but it’s dam good.

I have not used a clamp on my fuel lines in over 6 yrs and many thousands of miles on my MBs...the 3/16th fuel lines fit on so tight and snug I have not found it necessary to do so and they have never leaked even once on me...Even though my lines are still flexible after a year, i still replace them every Spring in April/May...Gas line is cheap at my local lawnmover 2 and 4 cycle small engine shop so why not...DAMIEN

I really don't need to use a hose clamp either with the 3/16 Moton Pro Tygon fuel line. It fit's so snug and it's hard to pull off.

The hose clamps I use on my M/B is a spring clamp ya put on with your fingers That type of hose clamp don't clamp tight at all. It just kinda holds the hose on from slipping past the barb and Insures no leaks . Like I said I really don't need to use the hose clamps but I do anyways. Just for piece of mind that the fuel line is gonna stay on.

Back