Best model for deliveries?

Thanks, looks like the staton kits are the consensus here. Terrain is urban but we are notorious for potholes and people do smash their glass on the ground.

nothing u can do about pot holes just gotta be diligent. for other crap on the road, id do tire liners (mr tuffy) on back and front with a slime tube in the back and of course kelvar tire. front you can just do tire liner. with that setup, i havent had a flat until i sold my gas bike. on my 100lb+ electric bike, i didnt do that and had a flat and had to push a floppy tire on a 100lb fat tire bike like 2 miles. it might not seem like much but that was not pleasant. atleast i could feather the throttle to move the bike along.

Well luckily in the city I doubt i'll be that far from a metro station at any time lol

Just gotta figure out a way to disguise the engine as really big panniers in an emergency...

OK the staton friction drive kit looks great and all the reviews are good but damn are these instructions hard to read

Staton seems to be allergic to punctuations and makes new paragraphs wherever he feels like it

GX25
GX35
Engine TypeAir-cooled 4-stroke OHCAir-cooled 4-stroke OHC
Bore x Stroke35 mm x 26 mm39 mm x 30 mm
Displacement25 cm335.8 cm3
Net Power Output*1.0 HP (.72 kW) @ 7,000 rpm1.3 HP (1.0 kW) @ 7,000 rpm

35cc is only rated 1.3hp according to Honda.

Last edited:
I do delivery apps on my ebike rn since losing my job due to pandemic, but that has obvious time limitations. I'm wondering what kit/bike you'd recommend for me? I don't have a license so a conventional scooter, which requires one in my jurisdiction (DC) is out.

Top priorities are:

1: Ease of installation/maintenance (noone's selling pre-assembled bikes or I'd buy one and earn back the extra cost)

2: Reliability (I really don't want anything going kaput while i'm making a delivery)

Price and looks are less important.

Preferably 50cc and under so I can deliver in VA too.

Obviously it's mostly urban so traffic doesn't tend to go fast, but DC does have some wide avenues which people put more speed on and which are convenient shortcuts if you can keep up. We also have a lot of bike trails.

I'm thinking of the bikeberry friction kit or GEBE belt drive. An axel drive kit also seems simple enough but noone's selling them rn.

I don't have much mechanical knowledge (but am willing to learn) and my motored bike experience is limited to a chain drive happy time from years ago.
Well if price is of no importance you might want to look at the series 43 or the stelthV3 at helio motorized bicycles. They are pricey, but they have other options and use some quality components.

Would prefer to keep it under 1k. Was thinking about the phatmoto but the displacement of the engine is too high, would make delivering outside the city illegal (VA requires less than 50cc).

Last edited:
I feel like a dumb caveman but staton's instructions would be a lot easier with pictures.

Back