Best/most reliable trans to run on 4stroke platform

ratbikeprojectLV

Local time
2:31 PM
Hello I have a 142f and I was wondering what would be the most cost effective/reliable transmission to use. I'm not looking for crazy speed,I'm building a schwinn OCC chopper for cruising and I very much dislike the stock transmission thank you for your time .

i've seen this question before just days ago O<O but ok

also just so you know since your putting a 142F on a OCC you will be putting the Pedals in a locked position

and because of that you will have to push off before you give it gas or you'll start to eat belts i learned that one the hard way

i've seen this question before just days ago O<O but ok

also just so you know since your putting a 142F on a OCC you will be putting the Pedals in a locked position

and because of that you will have to push off before you give it gas or you'll start to eat belts i learned that one the hard way
Awesome thank you for all the info this is my first build and this is gonna help alot ,Is there no way to make clearance for the cranks

Awesome thank you for all the info this is my first build and this is gonna help alot ,Is there no way to make clearance for the cranks
never looked into it for the OCC, since how small the OCC is, locking them forward makes it comfy for the legs like ALOT don't feel so cramped

Also on the Grubee transmission/gearbox. If you are a fairly light person like me @ 160lbs. The Grubee 4G-1B transmission is the 5:1 ratio. I run 9 & 36 sprockets & can take off from a stop. I got probably 800+miles without a problem. Bike tops out at 28-32mph.

Also on the Grubee transmission/gearbox. If you are a fairly light person like me @ 160lbs. The Grubee 4G-1B transmission is the 5:1 ratio. I run 9 & 36 sprockets & can take off from a stop. I got probably 800+miles without a problem. Bike tops out at 28-32mph.
Are you on 26" tires? Were you able to get your engine to turn 7240-8275 rpm?

With the Gru🐝Bee 4\1 and a 36\9, it'll top out at 32 mph on 26" tires while doing 6800 rpm

Have you thought about an 11\44? That'd put a lot less wear on your sprocket teeth.

Are you on 26" tires? Were you able to get your engine to turn 7240-8275 rpm?

With the Gru🐝Bee 4\1 and a 36\9, it'll top out at 32 mph on 26" tires while doing 6800 rpm

Have you thought about an 11\44? That'd put a lot less wear on your sprocket teeth.
40 is maximum sprocket count I can run due to disc brake rotor size & spacing.

Back