BIG Engine Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does this thing look like it would fit in some pretty tight confines?:devilish:

100_2748.jpg

Haven't started a build yet still just looking.

Steve

I put the 6.5hp version of this motor in a beach cruiser. I'll post some pictures when I figure out how...

SDP....good job there. Im sitting here now drooling over that HF 6.5 and wondering how it would look with a 49cc sticker on the shroud! LOL! Nice job!

Last edited:
How fast does that thing go lovehamr? Do you have to strap your hands to the handlebars to hold on? What size of sprocket are you using? Nice looking build!

A new BIG engine (not really big lol) for the bike! ON THE BIKE!:eek:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=97964

It's 79cc and 2.5HP @ 3600RPM, so this baby should have more torque than a Honda GXH50.

I just got one of these engines Friday, and I'm awaiting my 4 inch 40-chain Hilliard Extreme-Duty Clutch for it. :devilish:

I plan to mount this engine over the back wheel and use a chain drive. Similar to what the Honda GXH50 guys do, but with a larger engine. Shipping sticker on the box says the engine weighs 24.8 lbs, so it hopefully isn't much heavier than a 50cc 4 stroke. Either way, all that matters is that it will mount up properly, and I can keep the bicycle safely balanced and not fall off.

You will be happy to know that the HF 2.5 engine can be rack-mounted and won't throw the balance of the bike off. I just tried my build out today, and the only time I noticed the extra weight on one side was rolling the bike around to a pole to lock it up. I have a friction drive not a chain drive, so my weight offset is likely as bad as it can get.

-Mark

125cc lifan thumpstar, bigger 24 or 26mm genuine mikuni carb, 84kmh flat tach =-( no rev limiter exhaust porting, been driven into a pond and she still keeps thumpin =-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back