Bike Running Horribly

• Thread starter Bike running horribly
  • Start date
Ok so i think this is perfect the smoke ring is just slightly larger then 2mm with a nice chocolate tan color
14634929695601063745778.jpg
This would be the 3rd notch from the bottom on a 4 notch pin, so its also second from top. Being the c-clip on the second to highest notch to be perfect should i go richer on the main jet to get more power or should i go slightly leaner?

Hey Jeffrey, Excellent, I think.
You should have been adjusting the main jet or float level at WOT to get this smoke ring, not messing with the needle.
So how is it working at WOT? How is your speed? Any signs of overheating or detonation sounds going up hills?

The needle is used to adjust the 1/4 to 3/4 throttle transition after you get the main jet and idle mixture right.

If it is running good, you are there and no need to sweat it.

Steve

So im thinking i do need to go slighlty rich on the main jet or maybe i have too much slack in cable still no pull after 3/4 throttle. But as far as idle to 3/4 pick up is right on takes off a bit slower from when i had 36 tooth but that i already knew was going to happen by going to a 32 tooth if i pedel with the engine take off is fine with very little sputter but once i get it going that goes away. Still have yet to get it past 34 but i know im going the right track because before i started messing with it she was only getting me to 25-30 MPH.
Just have to fine tune idle down but after that

i still want to jet the carb however im unsure of which way to go the drill bit that fits is 0.66 mm. Also i have the jet needle on the 2nd from top notch on a 4 notch needle. If i jet it, leaner is smaller where richer is bigger correct?

30-34mph was about what I had with my stock setup with 44t sprocket Jeffrey.
Does it bog out 3/4 to WOT? or just no effect? No effect is normal with stock engine.
You did your plug chops at WOT, right?

Idle is a matter of making sure there are no air leaks and setting the speed.
Air leaks will lean it out and give that slow fall back to idle.

Is it bogging out, losing power at WOT? or just not making any more?
If just not making any more, you are good. Leave the main as is.

Steve

Wot isnt really wot its like 3/4 if i hold throttle at 3/4 throttle thats where i can hit 34 mph but if i pull the throttle all the way open from 3/4 to full theres just no more pull so is it normal for your wot to be the whole range from 3/4 to full

Wot isnt really wot its like 3/4 if i hold throttle at 3/4 throttle thats where i can hit 34 mph but if i pull the throttle all the way open from 3/4 to full theres just no more pull so is it normal for your wot to be the whole range from 3/4 to full
This sounds like a jet problem to me, you should be able to increase speed at WOT.

From what i know of the basic logic on gear ratio a 32 sprocket= more speed less torque, where as 44tooth= more torque less speed so how is it that a 44 tooth gets 34 mph and the 36 tooth is the same. Honestly when i was running barebone stock i was only able to hit between 20-25 mph

I'm sure Steve will agree that if you are not reaching the optimum rpm to produce maximum HP your bike can be slower with a smaller rear sprocket. With different setups you have to try several sprockets to find the right combo. I tried a 41 tooth on my 48cc bike and my top speed was less than it is with a 44, it was not reaching the correct rpm.

Back