Bike will not move at all, Clutch locked

Good news! The metal cover over the little sprocket on the engine was bolted on so tightly that I couldn't get it off. I figured it had to be something in there. Well, I cooled the stubborn bolt off with some ice and use a cordless power tool to unscrew it. Inside was bunched up chain... I fixed that up and now it is free as a bird. The chain obviously had too much slack. I am going to put some pipe or metal strips in the engine mount to move it forward a bit and tighten the chain. The supplied pulley is out of the question, since it failed horribly.

bootom line:
Slacky chain =

Hopefully once I fix the slack I can get rollin!

please dont grind or cut anything, i think i might have the answer for you. it is so simple you will most likely laugh but i happened to me and after calling the seller this is what i was told.
with the clutch locked to the engine. stand beside the bike and put your weight on the seat, walk the bike backwards. this will clunk and carry on but perservere. keep walking the bike backwards till you hear a big ping or a heavier clunk and the problem will be solved. it seems that these little mass produced engines are not always properly checked when leaving the factory and some of the clutch mechanisms have dags on them that cause them to jam. i did this on one of my bikes and fixed it first go. had to walk it back about 5 metres beforeit happened. let me know how you go.

Ahh yes, the sweet smell of burned oil and gas. I fabricated some spacers out of steel and they work like a charm. Chain is tighter, motor started on the first try! Yes!
One more little bug though... The whole engine moves to the side after driving a bit and of course causes the chain to come off. I'm using the "big frame adapter".
I'll try removing some rubber spacers between the washers on this adapter and maybe it will stay in place. If anybody has any tips I'll be overjoyed.

P.S. sorry for not posting in a week, I was on a cruise lol

Fixed the movement problem as well, everything works fine now. Have been driving around for a few days. Clutch is a bit loud...sounds squeaky sort of. It shouldn't be slipping, I tightened it. I might try putting some rubber on the cover or look into a few other things.

So far so good though, thanks again for the help everyone. I can't express how happy I am to have a working bike!

i did a search on this and drug it back to the top of the board. my chain tentioner also failed miserabley last night just before the engine hit the sweet spot upon starting, when it lurches and jerks it came to a halt. the clutch arm is in "midfix" and is hard to disengage so i couldnt get it pulled in. There is no doubt damage done somewhere. i will check the chain in the morning HOWEVER here is where i may run into a problem.....
first thing i did yesterday morning was go and reinstall the horrid tentioner to make a 5 minute ride to work. got it all done and tried to pedal with the clutch arm moved and and the lever then held by hand (hard to squeeze, needs a push to slack up first before it holds disengage) ANYWAY its locked solid. great i think, the rough stop probley siezed it i figured since it was, well. rough. i took the clutch cover off suspecting this to be the failure first. no missing teeth on gears, looks good.... then i move to the magneto side and put a wrench on the flywheel nut. turned over the engine with that but.... im ending there because i HOPE its not out of phase.....

it did move the piston, so its not a cold siezure..... please tell me i can fix this. it looked like the nut simply tightened on the crankshaft at first while moving the flywheel as well.
is there a woodruff key on it to keep it in place i hope?
will try a check over a few other things tomorrow like the chain perhaps bunched on the drive gear.

My chain was definitely bunching in the drive sproket, and I fixed it by fabricating steel spacers for the rear mount, moving the rear wheel back, and making my own frame mount to increase chain tension as well as cutting the chain. Also...another big thing: look at how the chain enters your big sprocket. If the wheel is properly aligned the teeth will be in the middle of the space in each link. Mine entered to the side, which cased the chain to want to fall off, which it ended up doing many times.

Oh and I removed the tensioner...I don't trust it at high speeds, but I might use it when the chain stretches after a while.

Are you sure the tension cable is tight enough? Can you move the clutch arm with your own hand? If you can't, then it might be internal damage, but I doubt it. This is my first build, so I don't know much about these engines.

Good luck, I'm sure you can fix this...

I adjusted the flower nut until it didn’t even touch the clutch pads, and yet when I start pedaling, it locks up! I thinks that it’s something wrong with the drive gear

I have the same problem i dont know what to do bcs i striped a bolt and cant get the sprocket cover off

Back