Bike will not start. New (1 month)

Hey all, it says at the top of this section that this area is for stuff about your bike. Stuff about your engine does not belong here.

As if it was your clutch cable! That makes no sense to me, if you had spark you should have had clutch contact???

But who cares! Congratulations! Enjoy it! Woot, one more out there!

Things will change with the new Mods but till then were just gonna have to live with it...either that or politely advise the new guys where to post.I won't be advising anyone but if i see it developing into a big habit i'll rethink,particularly if the same ppl are doing it time after time.ANOTHER thing we took for granted with Aug.

BTW...it's got me effed how this was a clutch problem if the engine was properly turning over with spark and fuel but i guess that's not the point...the point is it's going and he's happy.

Just because it moves with the cylinder head off doesn't mean that the piston moves up and down when you are trying to start. If the pistyon is moving it will sound a bit like the engine is running, a put-put sound. If there is no such "put-put" noise your engine is flooded, I guarantee. It's taken me 20 miniuts to get started before when I was new to the engines. Try putting a small amount of WD40 in the fuel, and spray an ample amount in the intake manifold. Whats the temperature like when your trying to start.

BSA

Last edited by a moderator:
The resistance of compression on the piston with the spark plug in was just enough to keep the engine from turning over with the clutch misadjusted. Basically the clutch "slipped" when he was trying to pedal start it. When the resistance was removed (spark plug removed) the misadjusted clutch was able to "lock" and turn the engine over, draw in fuel, and create spark.

Van you the man,and what is your third point of contact,does the stick hurt? louis

who cares if it was misposted. DOn't be an ***. This is supposed to be about helping people and sharing information. Get that stick out of your third point of contact and loosen up a bit.

Dude. It would simply just get moved to the right place so other people can find it,that's all.

Skyliner. If Augie was here, he might mention that keeping info organized facilitates helping people, and sharing info. I would also like to mention that I DO take offense at your use of asterisks. I personally don't find the need for that kind of languge in general conversation. I'm sorry, but I feel I must cross your name off my christmas list.
Have a good life.

no need for swearing. period. if it got you that upset to see him mention wrong forums, go take a cold shower.

Back