USA BikeBerry.com Reviews ✨

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
5:17 PM
motorized-bicycle-california-bike-berry.jpg

Bike Berry is a motorized bicycle dealer in California. Bike Berry has a large selection of Bicycle Engine Kits and a DVD installation guide. Best Price Guaranteed.

Brea
California
USA

Phone: (714) 242-4540
Username: BikeBerry.com
Products: Motorized bicycles, engines kits & parts.

Last edited:
Poor experience with Bike Berry's contact and customer service. A month and almost a week ago I ordered some parts from them and soon received an email notifying me that one of the items was on back order. The email said that it would arrive in 2-3 weeks. I thought no big deal, I'd wait. Today I called and wanted to get a refund for the item and place an order for a 1 dollar part from that refund. The rep ignored half of what I was asking and gave me store credit instead of a straight refund. I just wanted a $1 part order and the rest refunded.

The shipping on the initial order was quick and arrived in a few days. Still mad though.

I'm a professional technician and build engines for a living. Bikerberry is sketchy at best, they sell parts that are incorrect for the 66cc and "larger" engines, the 2 valve reed valve is one of them. They are very, very overpriced, a great example are the NGK spark plugs they sell for 9$, same plug at an autoparts store for 2.49$. My friend ordered a few engines from them, one of the 66cc engines, was indeed a 49cc, we made absolutely sure of this. Called bikeberry about it, and they simply said we are wrong and the conversation went no further, bad business.
Another thing to note, and this is not bikeberrys fault. There are NO 80CC grubee engines, clones or not. they are almost all 66cc, we have literally taken measurements from over 50 of these engines (from different supplies) and they all range between 49cc to 66cc. The "80cc" is nothing more than a sales pitch from someone who did the math wrong.

Another thing to note, again not bikeberrys fault, the flying horse engines are overpriced, mainly because they are mostly just stock engines. We've purchased 3 of them, all 3 are no different than the stock grubee engine, some of them come with a cnc cylinder head, smaller chamber for more compression. bikeberry offers this engine, with a"stage 1 CDI", which is just a stock CDI with a red shielded cable and fake NGK boot. If you don't believe me that its fake, call NGK as i did.

It might sound like im slamming bikeberry, but i'm not. I'm just being honest, and calling them out on what i see as dishonestly. Hopefully they improve their bussiness tactics and stop, for lack of a better term, ripping people off. Have a nice day

I have purchased a 4 stroke engine kit from Bikeberry and wanted a better frame. On the advice from their staff, I ordered their BBR tuning frame with built in gas tank and the heavy duty mount.
The first TWO frames I was sent were damaged in shipping, and the third had to be overnighted to arrive in time for christmas. The "heavy duty" mount that the sales agent said was "required" DOES NOT FIT.
The diameter of the bike is much larger than the diameter of the mount. Extensive modification will be required in order to make it fit. I am sitting on $600 of bicycle parts that are not compatable with each other, and have been literally using them as paperweights since Christmas. I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how disappointed I am with the service I experienced with them. I hope lying to your customers is not part of their business model. I never would have wasted $200 on this frame and mount if I knew it didn't fit the engine style I had purchased. their ignorance (and sloppy packaging from the shipping department) has caused me months of headaches and I am considering selling all my parts and giving up the hobby entirely. Very displeased customer.

Well, sorry you got toasted a bit by the legendary bikefairy. They do suck don't they?

Anywho I'd say just move on from them and start getting some parts appropriate. Maybe start a thread out laying the parts you have and specifically the 2 that do not. Frame tube size and engine mount stud spacing (the 2 on the front and back of motor) will get you the proper mount, assuming the engine can be clamped to the frame at the seat tube then the only real issue is the front.

Since you're on the topic, I'd think of using a better rear sprocket mount, the rubber one is a small nightmare in itself.

I will go a one star wish a zero was available. The bike sent was a motor ready bike that was not the same as advertised or promoted in the video. Non suspension forks, aluminum frame not steel. Back ordered including parts that were advertised as being installed. The bike was loose in the box and not protected by packing material, parts were loose in box some were bubble wrapped. Forks were installed but loose and missing bearing cup in the head set. They refused to pay the shipping to return it and also were going to charge a restocking fee. I was told by them under certain circumstances they would wave the fees but I guess shipping the wrong product to you is not one those circumstances. They would not exchange the bike, would not send me parts to fix the head set because they don't carry the parts. I asked if I could at least get the suspension forks advertised which they recommended I should use because of safety but those are not available either. The disc brake caliper does not align with the disc either. Since it appears I am stuck with this bike I had a bike shop do the repairs to the head set. Their option was it is the most Micky Mouse set up they have yet to across. Once bike was assembled it took approx 5 weeks to get all the parts. 1st trip down the street peddling the bolt on the pedal bent and pulled out of the crank. Now I have a new crank on order. I have now spent $80.00 on repairing this bike.
But that is still less than the approx $240.00 it would have cost me to return the wrong product shipped to me.

I have only ordered twice from Bikeberry and so far no problems, reasonable shipping time,haven't really tested the product that much but hoping it works.I'll order from them again since gasbike has rubbed me wrong.

So everyone knows, pay with PayPal so you can actually resolve these problems. If you don't you get zero leverage when they mess up.
Very good information,making a paypal claim is the only way I could get gasbike to ship a product,heck once they got your money they forget all about you.

I have ordered from BikeBerry many times over the years. This last order Involved a "Speed" carb along with a SD expansion chamber, some gaskets, woodruff key, clutch cable, and throttle handle assembly w/kill switch. The carb came the same day but in a separate package. The speed carb is really a stock NT carb with a red filter cover.
I contacted support and they told me to send a pic of the product. So I did.
Does anyone believe this is a "Speed" carb? No fuel valve. The needle slide measures at 14.4 mm.
The carb pictured in their ad (3rd pic) might be a speed carb. Note the fuel inlet location. I know designs change
A redesign would help stop this problem (4th pic). The needle slide is 14.9 mm.
BikeBerry support said they sent me the right item. So I guess I got a stock NT carb w/red cover for 24.95 + shipping.
They will charge a 15% restocking fee and I have to pay shipping. I keep it as an emergency back up. I ordered a "Speed" carb from ebay, not all the covers are red.
So at the moment, I'm not to happy with the BB support team. I'm still waiting to hear back from them after telling them to do some investigating on the item they sent compared to the item they advertise. Mainly, needle slide dia. I will no longer tell people to shop at BikeBerry. I will now tell them to beware and point them in a different direction. The support team are phone operators and sellers, with no hands on experience building. IMO.

Attachments

• bike berry speed carb.jpg
    bike berry speed carb.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 409
  • bike berry speed carb (2).jpg
    bike berry speed carb (2).jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 387
  • bike berry advertisement.jpg
    bike berry advertisement.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 331
  • broke speed carb.jpg
    broke speed carb.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 360
  • carb 004.jpg
    carb 004.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 359
I got my kit from BikeBerry in 2014 and have since replaced almost everything but the tank. My biggest problem was the 5G transmission eats input shafts. Both of 'em broke in the same place. After the second one I put in a Grubee 4G. The engine started puking oil after 100 miles, replaced. Throttle cable was too short, replaced with a scooter part that's much smoother.

The price is right, and you can build an MB with their kit, but not one that will last or give satisfaction.

DSC00411.JPG

Back