brakes

• Thread starter Deleted member 33472
  • Start date
its going to have to be when i get the time to take that all apart. gonna have to give me a few days. i will post the pictures as soon as i can. as soon as i do that i know the wardens gonna have a list for me to do. i can hear it now...if you had the time to take that apart and it wasnt broke.....lmao
FB_IMG_1505701790520.jpg

No hurry, lmao I would not want to put my bike down either. I was giving you a idea what was needed to help identify what type & style of drum brake you got. Yeah definitely dont tear it apart till its needed to be serviced.
i agree with that..if its not broken dont break it...lmao..or something like that

Band brakes are the worst and probably shouldn't be on a M/B.
They always burn out fast, especially stopping from high speeds and on hills
i dont mind so much..they are still better than the flintstone method. ive lost more shoes that way...lmao

or better yet i have a buddy who built one with pieces he found. he puts his foot on the front tire by the forks to stop his. he also fashioned his exhaust out of bus light cans. he offered to let me ride it one time...all i could say was no...noo..noo..noo...nooo

Some brake cleaner and a small brush... Unless the shoes are worn away... Then it's grinding it and bonding new material to it... Or replace the shoes... Grind the ridges down in the drum check how thick it is... Then it's a new hub... There usually bullet proof...

Band brakes are the worst and probably shouldn't be on a M/B.
They always burn out fast, especially stopping from high speeds and on hills
these new bonded ones seem to work pretty good. ive put a few hundred miles on them so far and havent needed to adjust them yet. i think its like car brakes...if you mismatch the pads with the drums either the drums or the pads woll wear faster depending on which of the two are made harder. but when you get the pads that match the drums they will last forever...maybe not forever but quite a bit longer...lol
plus the bonded ones dont have the stress point of the rivet holes.

Fix it until ya break it, then you'll learn how not to break it when fixing it :ROFLMAO:
thats what i tell people. you dont learn from doing something right. its when you dont and have to figure out what you did wrong that you will really start to learn. its its the only way to figure out where a problem lies. the more you know the faster you will fix it.

Back