Bt 80 engine kit

The bars I have on her are some original 70's sears bars I found in the dirt at buddy's place. He had no use for them so I took them home. They're rusty in spots so I might just sand them and paint them matte black.
If you get some 0000 steel wool and sand them real hard with that, I bet they come right back. Then shoot them with a little clear to keep them shiny.

Do yourself a favor and remove the fenders while you are at it. Figured I would mention it before someone else does. They are a bit of a safety hazard.
Thanks, I've read up on this before and I agree.
Is there any way to run fenders safely on a bike? I love the looks of fenders on bikes and I think it would add to the overall aesthetics of the bike.

If you get some 0000 steel wool and sand them real hard with that, I bet they come right back. Then shoot them with a little clear to keep them shiny.
I forget that steel wool cleans up chrome! I might do that, but I was looking at getting a bike that doesn't have any chrome and the matte black would really match the bike. I'm not sure which bike I'm going to use. I will use the other bike if I can get my gf's dad to sell it to me. It's a new bike that doesn't have many miles on it and would be good bones for a MB.

Engine just arrived in the mail! I've never done one of these before so if anyone has some tips all are welcome.
Post a picture of your collection and the bike would be my tip. Then we know what you have and let you know what to do and what to avoid.

Just unbox everything and lay it out on a towel and take a pic.

Identify all your parts with the parts list to make sure nothing is missing. Ask here if you're not sure what a part is named.

Identify all your parts with the parts list to make sure nothing is missing. Ask here if you're not sure what a part is named.
The engine didn't come with instructions or a parts list, but it looks like everything I need to get it running is there.
It has the rag joint and rear sprocket, the chain tensioner, all the electronics, the carb and exhaust is there too, and the cranks to clear the engine.

But I'm sure if I need help I've got plenty of it!
Thanks for the support!

Thanks, I've read up on this before and I agree.
Is there any way to run fenders safely on a bike? I love the looks of fenders on bikes and I think it would add to the overall aesthetics of the bike.
I know some people here have run aftermarket fenders with success. I don't run fenders personally, so I am not much help in that regard.

I know some people here have run aftermarket fenders with success. I don't run fenders personally, so I am not much help in that regard.
I run aftermarket fenders to avoid the unsafe problems with stock fenders that are never fastened properly and the tabs always break off causing catastrophic failure...lol.

Here is what I bought.

And here is what I put them on...lol.

DSCN0229.JPG

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back