Bt80 wont fire brand new out the box

starter turns it over tho? check all wires connected properly, I think they are color coded from kill switch to box.
we need a little more info, like what you've tried and sure is not an issue

I'm having the same issue. I'm pretty certain I have it wired correctly and I have spark but maybe it's not adequate? The cdi boot was damaged out of the box and would not seat on the spark plug. What I did was take the wire and boot off another cdi and spliced it onto the existing bt80 wire. I tested for fire by holding it against the block and it's got fire but seems weak. I'm not sure. I did have it running briefly but had to throttle it continuously and couldn't get an idle. Now it seems like it's not firing at all and I also have to recharge my damn battery cuz I killed it trying to start this thing lol. Any guidance would be appreciated. I thought I would post under this already established thread rather than start another one. Thanks guys!

Does anybody know if there's a common wiring mistake whereas everything seems to work but these engines will not run? Just curious...

Splicing the wire is no good. The plug boot was probably one that requires you to remove the nipple from the plug. It just screws off. Time for a new wire and cap.The wire should unscrew from the cdi.

Back