Bumpy ride, seat suspension?

Maybe I can clear up the miscommunication.

Vikingmike is trying to say that he knows that a torque arm is, the issue is that the power he is running is far greater than what the steel those torque arms can handle. Basically, that square section that is supposed to hold the axle ends up rounding out due to the torque. Unless you know of any companies selling a high carbon steel version, most off the shelf solutions will not work..

However, Vikingmike, you could always take that design to a machine shop and have them cut some from either a high carbon steel or simply a thicker piece of steel which could help solve the wallering out issue until you get a new frame.
If Mike's running the hub at far higher voltage and amperage draws than the hub was originally designed for....

I can't possibly imagine why a company would sell a E-bike drive hub with inadequate torque levers, it's a major lawsuit waiting to happen. I agree about the torque levers but wasn't Mike just going to use plain, non slotted fender type washers, instead of the torque arms? It sounds like a solid solution would be to see if there's any place on the hub's fixed plate to tap a pair of holes to make a better torque lever. Mike wants to drag race IC powered scooters, which is a ludicrous use of a valuable E-bike. It's a piece of transportation, not a extension of your manhood.

Last edited:
Do keep in mind that most of these hub motors you can buy come from China, I've yet to see the 1+kw kits provide torque arms standard. However, you do have a point with the washer comment, if a torque arm or factory dropout fails under the torque of the 10kw he may or may not be running (the only mention about wattage other than his profile comment about getting a 22hp ebike is a post a few pages back where he comments "It's actually 10,800 watts between my legs if we are talking about battery power 😱 ") you can bet that a standard washer would get shredded by the torque.

Extremeodd, thanks for clearing up, you are right.

They provided NO TORQUE ARM. Nothing! The seller guy said fat bike will be enough, but it did twist. Turns out it wasn't from the acceleration, but regen braking. I did not buy a torque arm, because of that, and because it would not help all that much. USA sellers of torque arm do not ship to Hungary, most of them, and if they do shipping is 45-60 dollars for THE TORQUE ARMS.

I have a mechanic guy in my street, that works on race motorcycles (or rather used to) I'm going to bring the bike over to him if it doesn't rain tomorrow. I'll get some opinions, and what I can do. I was thinking of making a completely custom frame if possible, or just a custom rear dropouts

Lewie I don't want to drag them. I am using it normally. It is the regen that is tearing my frame apart.

Do keep in mind that most of these hub motors you can buy come from China, I've yet to see the 1+kw kits provide torque arms standard. However, you do have a point with the washer comment, if a torque arm or factory dropout fails under the torque of the 10kw he may or may not be running (the only mention about wattage other than his profile comment about getting a 22hp ebike is a post a few pages back where he comments "It's actually 10,800 watts between my legs if we are talking about battery power 😱 ") you can bet that a standard washer would get shredded by the torque.
The battery power (Max output) is 10,800 watts, but the controller at max charge is 8400 watts, wich is about 11 horsepowers. Its because the company sent a weaker controller, but they did refund the difference from the other one, and I'm still pleased with it.

Extremeodd, thanks for clearing up, you are right.

They provided NO TORQUE ARM. Nothing! The seller guy said fat bike will be enough, but it did twist. Turns out it wasn't from the acceleration, but regen braking. I did not buy a torque arm, because of that, and because it would not help all that much. USA sellers of torque arm do not ship to Hungary, most of them, and if they do shipping is 45-60 dollars for THE TORQUE ARMS.

I have a mechanic guy in my street, that works on race motorcycles (or rather used to) I'm going to bring the bike over to him if it doesn't rain tomorrow. I'll get some opinions, and what I can do. I was thinking of making a completely custom frame if possible, or just a custom rear dropouts

Lewie I don't want to drag them. I am using it normally. It is the regen that is tearing my frame apart.

I'm taking a Wild Ass Guess that the frame you choose to use, is not the frame the drive hub was engineered to be used with...

These companies will say anything to get you to buy something.

Did you look at the dropouts on the frame? From the images you posted I'm noticing that they're looking a lot like standard 10mm round, vertical dropouts with no flatting to match up with hub's flatted axle. You did notice that the hub has flatted axles?

I'm going out on a limb here to say that this E bike hub was meant to be used with a bike frame with thick, ( more than at least 10~15mm wide..) horizontal axle dropouts, probably much like a BMX bike's axle slots, but much, much thicker. but narrow in vertical opening so they engage the axle flats.

It's simple metallurgy and basic engineering. You cannot expect that much torque to be handled merely by the friction through washers and axle alone. None of the gearhub manufacturers will guarantee a gearhub used without anti torque washers.

That is with a human power levels. This hub is in a far stronger league of initial torque forces.

You do know that electric motors make their strongest torque at standstill?

You do know that electric motors make their strongest torque at standstill?
Yes, I do. Thats why I set start to eco, as that will hurt the frame the most as well (More power needed to get going) I only use 1kw to start.

This is a STOCK fat tire bike. Not for ebikes, so don't know what i expected.
The dropouts were the perfect size for the ebike axle, it slid in vertically. And then it bent the FRAME itself. like rotated the frame out, or took the material out.. I'm not sure how else to say it.

This ebike was made to use with the Stealth Bomber frame most likely. Thats why I'm looking at stealth bomber frames now. And taking "inspiration".

I want to make dropouts something similar to this. Don't know if the pedal part can hold it though, and a spring. I want to create the hinge part at the pedals, and also strenghten that area.

I ended up deciding that I will get a real ebike frame, for a 8kw kit, but yeah the suspension will be used up and im going to use the cafe racer seat instead of a bicycle seat, can carry 2 people.. Don't know who, or why, but can. But, I do have problems with my 66cc 2 stroke, wich doesnt start now.

I ended up deciding that I will get a real ebike frame, for a 8kw kit, but yeah the suspension will be used up and im going to use the cafe racer seat instead of a bicycle seat, can carry 2 people.. Don't know who, or why, but can. But, I do have problems with my 66cc 2 stroke, wich doesnt start now.
What's going on with your 2 stroke?

Back