Calling the China Girl crankshaft experts

I've broken 6 sets of forks before I went to the old Chubby. Had to mod the steering head for that. Even had a sidecar on it for a while but the stresses were stressing me out! I check the frame for cracks every couple days

I'm approaching 10k. Most of the frame and the cranks are Genuine Huffy. It's a Nel Lusso, but almost everything factory fell off it in the first 30 days
Thats one of the reasons why when I got my present bike, the Hyper Beach Cruiser, the only thing I used was the bike frame, handlebars and pedals and crank...Everything else had to go...lol.

This is the link to the "tutorial" I made that shows what I did and how I did it...Enjoy.

Chinese Tolerance Specifications "Close Enough is Good Enough " :ROFLMAO:
And don't forget, Now with some metal, The new and improved, made with pure Chinesium...lol.

sg15SHU.png

Sweet bike! I have been considering a seat like yours. Here's my cranbrook. Im hoping to get better wheels and forks on it soon. I might just rebuild the whole thing onto a hyper frame. I don't really like the cranbrook frame all that much.

Attachments

• 20230715_205212.jpg
    20230715_205212.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230702_202332.jpg
    20230702_202332.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230706_142815.jpg
    20230706_142815.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 42
no idea how much clearance the big rod end takes.
I have no official book to direct you to as this isn't a spec found for these engines. This is just a range that I have used that covers a broad spectrum of similarly sized 2 strokes in chainsaw applications.

When pressing the cranks together I will aim for a crank to rod side clearance of around .60mm with the rod laying on one half when pressing the crank together.

This is one of those specs that really only matters for assembly as most engines rarely ever wear out the side gap tolerances (usually around 1mm gap or a bit larger). So you have a little wiggle room to be on the loose end.

Back