Engine Trouble Can't get engine to stay at idle!!

Here is one of your pics below:...See those acorn nuts on the top, 4 of them???...You are supposed to use a torque wrench on them and incrementally tighten them one at a time with a torque wrench until they are set at 144 INCH pounds using an inch pound torque wrench which can be purchased at Harbor Freight for about 20 bucks,...They are about 10 to eleven inches long and are a quarter inch drive mechanism.

Must be done in a criss cross X pattern for equal distribution of torque.

I would also replace those acorn nuts with actual regular nuts and lock washers as the acorn nut tops tend to stop at the top of the stud itself without tightening it properly to actuall torque it down to the bottom half of the motor.

View attachment 192774
Will that get the bike to sit at idle?

YEP, you can...lol...You can go with these NGK numbers depending on what they stock...BR6HS, BR7HS, or even BR8HS, The last one, which is a higher number plug, is actually a colder plug in the NGK heat scale nomenclature...That is the one I actually use here in the high desert of Alamogordo, New Mexico at an elevation of 4500 ft above sea level on my Phantom 85 motor which is rather high powered with a 52mm piston and one piece cylinder jug.

YEP, you can...lol...You can go with these NGK numbers depending on what they stock...BR6HS, BR7HS, or even BR8HS, The last one, which is a higher number plug, is actually a colder plug in the NGK heat scale nomenclature...That is the one I actually use here in the high desert of Alamogordo, New Mexico at an elevation of 4500 ft above sea level on my Phantom 85 motor which is rather high powered with a 52mm piston and one piece cylinder jug
I think I have a ngk br7hs in mine. I might switch to the one you have if I have heat issues this summer. Last summer it got to 115 here in Nyssa with over 100 average all week.

I think I have a ngk br7hs in mine. I might switch to the one you have if I have heat issues this summer. Last summer it got to 115 here in Nyssa with over 100 average all week.
Just remember that spark plug heat ranges have very little to do with ambient heat conditions, it is more to do with how much heat the plug itself is able to dispel from itself and at the same time be hot enough to burn cleanly and as complete a combustion as possible with the fuel mixture.

Does the spark plug have to be on very tight? I cant get it screwed in all the way
You should always tighten it snug with a spark plug socket or a spark plug tool. If not it will leak compression. If you are lucky enough for it to run like that it can catch on fire, I e had a weedeater do this before, not fun

Does the spark plug have to be on very tight? I cant get it screwed in all the way
The plug should always screw in all the way by hand. Check the washer on the plug and make sure it isn't jammed across the plug. If it still doesn't screw in, check the threads of the plug and cylinder head.

You should always tighten it snug with a spark plug socket or a spark plug tool. If not it will leak compression. If you are lucky enough for it to run like that it can catch on fire, I e had a weedeater do this before, not fun
The ngk one that you told me to get didnt fit, so i returned it

Back