cant get it started

that wasn't the key I wanted you to check...

I am looking to verify if the clutch gear/hub is spinning freely from the shaft or not. This is why I wanted you to manually turn the crank with a wrench using the nut that holds the magnet in place.

Too many mechanics trying to hold the same wrench just causes confusion.

Attachments

• tempImageItkxgh.png
    tempImageItkxgh.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
that wasn't the key I wanted you to check...

I am looking to verify if the clutch gear/hub is spinning freely from the shaft or not. This is why I wanted you to manually turn the crank with a wrench using the nut that holds the magnet in place.

Too many mechanics trying to hold the same wrench just causes confusion.
i tried to turn the nut earlier, it just got tighter

i tried to turn the nut earlier, it just got tighter
They did have a bad run of bevel gears or clutch gears, & they were machined off center & would either strip out while riding or the engine would not turn over. Only other thing I could say to do, would be to pull your clutch gear off the other side of engine, & then see if engine will spin free. If it wont, then its got internal engine issues.

I still think the clutch isn't adjusted right. You said the bike rolls to a stop and there's no thunka thunk. If the engine was seized somehow and the clutch was engaged then the bike would come to a sudden stop. If the clutch is loose then the bike will slow down, but it doesn't have enough grip to turn the engine over.

I still think the clutch isn't adjusted right. You said the bike rolls to a stop and there's no thunka thunk. If the engine was seized somehow and the clutch was engaged then the bike would come to a sudden stop. If the clutch is loose then the bike will slow down, but it doesn't have enough grip to turn the engine over.
I have also been wondering if the main spring seat retaining pin didn't unseat. If that were the case then there would be very little tension on the clutch. So little that the clutch just isn't clamping enough to overcome compression and just slips.

I have also been wondering if the main spring seat retaining pin didn't unseat. If that were the case then there would be very little tension on the clutch. So little that the clutch just isn't clamping enough to overcome compression and just slips.
I've also heard them pins can slide out just far enough to lock the engine up too.

Take the right side cover off, take the spark plug out, remove the clutch plate, get a socket to fit the big nut under the plate and turn that nut. Don't use the plug wrench. Then try again if it moves, if you can't get it to move then there is something broke in the engine.

Back