CDHPOWER 110 cc engine

MelissaButler3381

Local time
8:01 AM
I'm thinking about buying the

CDH 2 Stroke 110CC Motor with Iron Sleeve Cylinder.​

But before I do I was wondering if anyone has used one and if it's worth buying. I know that all of these small bicycle engines have their pros and cons but I feel the iron sleeve cylinder would be a good upgrade. But how good are the rest of the internal parts?​

I'm thinking about buying the

CDH 2 Stroke 110CC Motor with Iron Sleeve Cylinder.​

But before I do I was wondering if anyone has used one and if it's worth buying. I know that all of these small bicycle engines have their pros and cons but I feel the iron sleeve cylinder would be a good upgrade. But how good are the rest of the internal parts?​

I have worked extensively with a CDH110 engine and came to the conclusion that it requires a LOT of work to even be a remotely good engine. It has a lot of flaws and bad port timing, so while it may be a "big" engine, it makes small power. A Good quality 49cc engine will outperform it.

If you go on youtube you can watch a couple of videos done by LA Hover Bikes on that very engine, and his experience basically mirrors my own. A second video he did explains a lot of the work that needs to be done to really wake it up and make it a good running engine.

I would suggest a better quality "80cc" engine, especially if this is going to be your first build.

The Zeda Firestorm 80 is a much much better starting point and makes good power out of the box. There are countless people experienced with that version of the engine, so there is a lot of information and support out there.

If you do desire a larger engine, like a "100" then I would personally go with the Zeda Max 100. It's a 2 piece design based around the same G4/G5 architecture of the "80" engines, but has the larger bore like a YD100.

Just ignore all of the sales pitches and jargon words being tossed around on all of these websites that are trying to sell to your emotions. There is a ton of that floating around out there in the MB world. Bicycle-Engines also offers a small warranty with most of their enigne kits too, and they do honor the warranty. I speak from personal experience, having had multiple quality issues fixed by them with no fuss. They sent me a new part quickly.

I would suggest a better quality "80cc" engine, especially if this is going to be your first build.

The Zeda Firestorm 80 is a much much better starting point and makes good power out of the box. There are countless people experienced with that version of the engine, so there is a lot of information and support out there.

If you do desire a larger engine, like a "100" then I would personally go with the Zeda Max 100. It's a 2 piece design based around the same G4/G5 architecture of the "80" engines, but has the larger bore like a YD100.

Just ignore all of the sales pitches and jargon words being tossed around on all of these websites that are trying to sell to your emotions. There is a ton of that floating around out there in the MB world. Bicycle-Engines also offers a small warranty with most of their enigne kits too, and they do honor the warranty. I speak from personal experience, having had multiple quality issues fixed by them with no fuss. They sent me a new part quickly.
It's not my first build. Actually it's going to be my 3rd. I was curious about the 110cc. I've also been tossing the Zeda max 100cc or the phantom 85 around in my mind.
My first build is a Raleigh hybrid with a no brand name 100cc engine on it. For not having a brand name it has been an excellent engine.
My second build is a CDHPOWER gas frame trike with a 100cc 4 stroke engine that I found on Amazon. However with that build I need a jackshaft with 415 sprockets on it so I can line my chain up with the sprocket on the engine and the sprocket on the trike axle. It's starting to look like I may have to buy one with 420 sprockets and have the sprockets turned down to be compatible with the 415 chain.

Attachments

• IMG_20231130_182423885.jpg
    IMG_20231130_182423885.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230501_132013948.jpg
    IMG_20230501_132013948.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 37
I have thought of getting one for the bottom end. It would be fun to see what I could do with the stock engine though
Honestly, the bottom end is the one good thing about the 110 engine. It would make a great platform for a hybrid engine. On it's own, it's meh. I guess if you are willing to correct the cylinder issues and aren't after a high speed demon you could port and pipe it to make lots of low and mid range power it would be a great low stress, low RPM, high torque commuter engine that has decent cooling capacity.

Honestly, the bottom end is the one good thing about the 110 engine. It would make a great platform for a hybrid engine. On it's own, it's meh. I guess if you are willing to correct the cylinder issues and aren't after a high speed demon you could port and pipe it to make lots of low and mid range power it would be a great low stress, low RPM, high torque commuter engine that has decent cooling capacity.
It's tempting to do that for in town riding. Torque is great for stop and go traffic

Back