Centrifugal clutch wont disengage

Wavyjay76

Local time
10:17 PM
So i have a 2017 coolster qg50 recently been having alot of problems finnaly got all of them fixed except this one i dont get at all recently just went out for a ride and when i pull on the pullstart the back tire moves with the engine and locks up sometimes so i think maybe its a clutch problem i take the clutch cover off sure enought find a broken clutch spring so i got a new clutch pad and springs put both new parts on put everything together bike still does the same thing a few weeks ago it was doing that when i started it the bike would go byitself no throttle touched now its doing it this time and i dont knkw what else it could be i greased everything sprockts chain in the clutch and out got brand new Clutch spring and a clutch pad so i dont see what is causing this and this morning i did a little experiment took the chain off fired her up the engine revs where so high i thought my piston was about to blow its full on bouncing off rev limiters and it cant be a carb issue because i cleaned the carb jets and all and plus if i move the backtire it engages the motor to try and start

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-11-07-28-45.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-11-07-28-45.png
    438.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot_2019-06-11-07-29-32.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-11-07-29-32.png
    513.8 KB · Views: 239
So i have a 2017 coolster qg50 recently been having alot of problems finnaly got all of them fixed except this one i dont get at all recently just went out for a ride and when i pull on the pullstart the back tire moves with the engine and locks up sometimes so i think maybe its a clutch problem i take the clutch cover off sure enought find a broken clutch spring so i got a new clutch pad and springs put both new parts on put everything together bike still does the same thing a few weeks ago it was doing that when i started it the bike would go byitself no throttle touched now its doing it this time and i dont knkw what else it could be i greased everything sprockts chain in the clutch and out got brand new Clutch spring and a clutch pad so i dont see what is causing this and this morning i did a little experiment took the chain off fired her up the engine revs where so high i thought my piston was about to blow its full on bouncing off rev limiters and it cant be a carb issue because i cleaned the carb jets and all and plus if i move the backtire it engages the motor to try and start
Are the pads rubbing? Springs properly installed?
Make sure the idle screw isn’t turned all the way in.
Ensure proper throttle movement, take off the air filter and make sure the slide in the carburetor moves up when you twist the throttle.
Make sure the the bolts on the intake are all tightened and not loose

Springs are installed properly yes the throttle is fine when i twist the throttle the slide moves like its suppose to and i have good throttle snatch back when i let go.after i cleaned the carb i did turn the idle screw in just a little bit but i wouldnt see how messing with that would solve the problem because when the engine is off if i pull the pullstart it will engage the backwheel too and i recently today just found something odd when i give it a pull a few times my chain tension somehow gets tight and loose at diffrent pulls or me moving the bike back and fort i dont know what you mean by are the clutch pads rubbing kind of still new to all of this so if you could explain more of what that is that would be great should i try greasing the pad just a little or i dont really know the pad is brand new along with springs and i dont see how i could install springs the wrong way i just put them on and they have a tight hold on the pads so i doubt it's that i even took the chain off and pulled on the starter and it would engage the front sprocket and the cherry to top this all off was i took out the spark plug and was pulling the pull start and just barely any tug it was still trying to engage but not as bad as it would with the plug in barely anymovement at all plus should i grease this part of the clutch ill show you the pic the little wheel thing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-11-23-48-48.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-11-23-48-48.png
    505 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Springs are installed properly yes the throttle is fine when i twist the throttle the slide moves like its suppose to and i have good throttle snatch back when i let go.after i cleaned the carb i did turn the idle screw in just a little bit but i wouldnt see how messing with that would solve the problem because when the engine is off if i pull the pullstart it will engage the backwheel too and i recently today just found something odd when i give it a pull a few times my chain tension somehow gets tight and loose at diffrent pulls or me moving the bike back and fort i dont know what you mean by are the clutch pads rubbing kind of still new to all of this so if you could explain more of what that is that would be great should i try greasing the pad just a little or i dont really know the pad is brand new along with springs and i dont see how i could install springs the wrong way i just put them on and they have a tight hold on the pads so i doubt it's that i even took the chain off and pulled on the starter and it would engage the front sprocket and the cherry to top this all off was i took out the spark plug and was pulling the pull start and just barely any tug it was still trying to engage but not as bad as it would with the plug in barely anymovement at all plus should i grease this part of the clutch ill show you the pic the little wheel thing
Something is rubbing in the clutch pad area, I would not reccoment greasing them unless they were greased before. How hard was it to put the trans back on over the pads. Are you sure they are the proper spring?

Something is rubbing in the clutch pad area, I would not reccoment greasing them unless they were greased before. How hard was it to put the trans back on over the pads. Are you sure they are the proper spring?

It wasnt really hard at all putting the transmission back on it didint give me a hard time and i didint mean grease the pad i ment the piece of transmission i think its called the bell it's the big circle thing in my picture on the transmission should i do a very light touch of grease to it? Or no and the springs i wouldnt see how still like i said i got them i had put them on and if i pull up on the clutch pad they hold it solid and when i roll the bike it trys to engage the engine after i turn the engine over. Once how could the springs be causing that even thi the engine isnt on?? Ill send actual pics of my transmission amd how the pad looks later today stay posted and thanks for your help i appreciate it ill experiment a little today to see if i can fix it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-11-23-48-48.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-11-23-48-48.png
    505 KB · Views: 217
It wasnt really hard at all putting the transmission back on it didint give me a hard time and i didint mean grease the pad i ment the piece of transmission i think its called the bell it's the big circle thing in my picture on the transmission should i do a very light touch of grease to it? Or no and the springs i wouldnt see how still like i said i got them i had put them on and if i pull up on the clutch pad they hold it solid and when i roll the bike it trys to engage the engine after i turn the engine over. Once how could the springs be causing that even thi the engine isnt on?? Ill send actual pics of my transmission amd how the pad looks later today stay posted and thanks for your help i appreciate it ill experiment a little today to see if i can fix it
hmm, i think you clutch bell could be warped, possibly like a oval shape and the clutch is catching on that.

there could also be dirt between the clutch and the bell housing also causing it to catch and " drag the clutch"
try giving it a quick clean and see if that solves the problem

hmm, i think you clutch bell could be warped, possibly like a oval shape and the clutch is catching on that.

there could also be dirt between the clutch and the bell housing also causing it to catch and " drag the clutch"

Cleaning it didint work still same problem

So guys this is the picture of my clutch and my clutchpad and springs of my actual bike

Attachments

• 20190612_174618.jpg
    20190612_174618.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 20190612_174629.jpg
    20190612_174629.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 167
  • 20190612_174530.jpg
    20190612_174530.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 20190612_174556.jpg
    20190612_174556.jpg