Chains chain comming off

lab48187

Local time
11:19 AM
having troubles with the chain comming off all the time, tried everything added spacer that comes with the motor, tried moving motor to fine toon it still no luck. anyone have any ideas. the motor i have is grubee 2012 gt2 48cc angle fire slant head

Thank you

The good news is that this is not all that hard of a problem.

You're going to want to look in three places.

First you'll want to make sure that the engine is staying exactly where you put it. If it's leaning to the left or moving in any other way, then you'll have chain troubles. Check that your motor mounts are up to the job. And if they're not, then you're going to want to fab up something of your own. But the engine can not be allowed to move.

Then check your drive sprocket. It needs to be flat and centered on that wheel.

If those two things check out all right, then you'll need to check the chain itself. I've never gotten a bad one. But I understand that they sometimes come out of the package in bad shape. Twisted links and such.

Best of luck to you.

Glad to hear it. Not glad about the trouble, of course. But glad you found the problem so easily.

By the way, I'm a former Ypsilantian. That was about 35 years ago now. Lived in an apartment on Washtenaw. I've forgotten the cross street. But it was in the low ground. The cross street went right on by the eastern end of the campus. Later on I lived up the hill a bit. Right near the water tower. The one that the auto censor likely won't let me specify. Moved on to Ann Arbor after that.

I haven't given much thought to Ypsi in a while. It's nice to spend a bit of time remembering it. Those were good times.

Back