Chain keeps getting jammed in cogs!!

Pay for postage and I'll send you a free cover and screws. I must have at least 10 good used ones in my shop. PM me and we'll set it up.
And it might be the wrong chain. A chain from one chinese factory doesn't always fit a drive sprocket (cog?) from another chinese factory. And they don't check before putting it in the box. CHINESE QUALITY CONTROL. LOL. Try getting the next size smaller chain from a good vender. This has worked for me in the past. My friend bought new chain and I was trying to set it up on his bike. It kept binding up on the drive sprocket. I finally just put on a used, but still good, smaller chain from my used stuff. Worked great and he is still ridind it.
Some might say grind the drive sprocket to make the chain fit better. I've tried this, It doesn't work. SORRY BRO, Ya need a new chain. But if it got all twisted up when ya threw it off it's probably too screwed up to use anyway.
Big Red.
Anton meant to pop it off with a screwdriver AFTER you got the side cover off.

Last edited:
I think what Anton meant was use the screwdriver to get the chain off the sprocket. However, the OP pried against the cover and it looks like the top right mount ear broke off the case. I don't think there's any fixing that. Well, there is, if you can find someone who can sell you a left side crank case and hope it fits. You'll need common wrenches and sockets, the gear puller tool and a gasket kit helps too. I have one out in the garage if you're willing and especially able to give it a shot. Let me know and I'll do a better inspection first. I got it from AZBill and all I needed was the bearings, so I don't know its history.
BTW: That pin that come out of the center of the sprocket? That's normal.

Attachments

• left crank case half.jpg
    left crank case half.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 263
Yup, Shoulda looked at the pic. I thought just the side case was broke. He MIGHT still be able to use that case if he can put a spacer between the outer and inner case. AND if he can get a screw to reach all the way through. That will leave a space where you can see the chain but it is mostly cosmetic. Well, THAT and he might get a little oil sling right after lubbing the chain.
Of course the best is to replace the case. But for a newbie this is quite a big job. Best would be to get matching cases and transfer all the parts to the new (or slightly used,) cases.
I still think it was a mis-matched chain that caused the problem. I've ran into this more than just a few times. And I think if he gets a good side case, (if needed,) uses spacers where the inner case is gone he can get the clutch to work just fine. Yeah, it's jimmy-rigging, but whatcha gonna do?
Big Red.
Hey Sac, Can ya get better pics of the busted case? I THINK spacing will work, but would like better pics to make sure.

Back