Chainging oil in a 4-stroke

KCvale

In memory of KCvale 1959 - 2019
Local time
7:28 PM
I won't go into why I have a plethora of these big feeding tube syringes the VA gives me for my dad's feeding tube while he is here but they make for a dandy way with a piece of gas line to fill and drain 4-stroke engine oil with no fuss or muss.

OilPlunger1.jpg

OilPlunger2.jpg

Just a tip ;-}

lol, my mum has animals, so i have a huge selection of syringes. i always say shes a heavy user if anyone asks... :giggle:

great for holding 24hr epoxy, oil, petrol, as a lil blower, for priming engines, for priming hydralic master cylinders, testing pneumatic systems... oh the list goes on...jabbing goats in the guts:giggle:

Hehehe, and don't forget for basting Turkey dinner though you wouldn't want to use the same one for both ;-}

Isn't there a drain plug on that motor in the 1st post?

What kind of robin 35cc mounts on the bottom with a base like that, any frontal pics? With that base I thought it might have a drain, my bad.

yes the 49cc HS has a drain plug that drains right on to the bottom mount plate.

That pump is dandy Jerry but how is it for putting new oil back in?
There is simply no room to easily remove or add oil to HS 49cc kit directly once installed.

I just changed the oil in another new build so the customer had fresh oil and it took less than 3 minutes with no mess.

Again take it or leave it but for like $5 at a pharmacy the big 'ole syringes I have laying around for dads care are the best thing I have found to make this messy job easy and clean.

The pump is only an extractor. However it does a very good of it. I usually clean the oil chamber and inside the engine with Sea Foam as well. With the kill switch off remove the old oil add Sea Foam. Pull the cord a few times then let it set for a few minutes. After that remove the Sea Foam and add a syringe of fresh oil

Back