When to change the oil on a 49cc 4 stroke engine?

UnknownSpy10

Local time
2:39 AM
How often should I change oil of a 49cc 4 stroke engine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to MotoredBikes.. :) .....
I found this...... 49cc 4-Stroke engine..... It is recommended you change the engine oil once every 10 hours of ride time.

My Robin Subaru 4 stroke recommends changing the oil every 50 hours. However I change it every 25 hours. Most push mowers in their manuals also recommend 50 hours. Honda 50 engines also recommends 50 hours. I personally recommend every 25 hours and cleaning the air filter every 10 hours change your spark plug and fuel filter every 200 hours.

Get a tachometer/hour counter for maintaining a maintenance schedule. You should also get a vacuum pump to do your oil changes so that you don't have to lean your engine over. Do a Sea Foam flushing when you do your oil change. My RS 35 is 11 years old and all I've ever replaced on it was the carburetor and spark plug.

Last edited:
My Robin Subaru 4 stroke recommends changing the oil every 50 hours. However I change it every 25 hours. Most push mowers in their manuals also recommend 50 hours. Honda 50 engines also recommends 50 hours. I personally recommend every 25 hours and cleaning the air filter every 10 hours change your spark plug and fuel filter every 200 hours.

Get a tachometer/hour counter for maintaining a maintenance schedule. You should also get a vacuum pump to do your oil changes so that you don't have to lean your engine over. Do a Sea Foam flushing when you do your oil change. My RS 35 is 11 years old and all I've ever replaced on it was the carburetor and spark plugs.
WHAT! Now you tell me!

On a 4 stroke you want to change the break in oil after 10 hours. Recheck the valve clearance at this time also. Refill with a good grade of 10-30 synthetic oil and change that every 50 hours thereafter.

The slow motion footage of the venturi was fantastic. Great learning tool.

Back