Changing wheels to mags, need to get rear pedal chain sprocket

Damien go to your wheel link in your 1st post on this thread once looking at wheels go scroll down until you find a (frequency bought together) it’s the second item . Sunlite freewheel 22t
That is the first one i did try to get...Amazon, Walmart, Bikeberry, biycycle-engines.com, local bike store...ALL out of stock and do not know when or if they will be able to get any off the slow boat from China...Does anyone here have a spare one to sell me???...lol...DAMIEN

i didnt know that the sprocket i already had would work as a freewheel for the mag since it actuates the coaster brake...again im ignorant of this, If it would work i would use it...only 700 hundred miles on it with hardly any pedaling...lol.

That was my understanding that a coaster brake sprocket doesnt work as a freewheel sprocket.
Also, after checking online cant find a 22t freewheel, seems everyone, including my local bicycle shop is out of stock waiting for the slow boat from China to deliver...16t seems to be working well for me since im really only doing pedaling at startup and stop light pedal assist for very short times.

What tool do i need to buy???...My bike shop are robber barons...They want 16 dollars to do this..."ass, gas, or grass, no one rides for free" with these guys...lol...DAMIEN
The freewheel on the coaster brake wheel will not work, the one from bike berry is the best bet as it will be the right size and thread pitch, the disc brakes you've shown will work on the front but not the rear because the rotor dia needs to be larger than the sprocket dia to clear the chain and have the caliper align properly. You will also need a spacer to go between the sprocket and disc along with longer fasteners that I recommend being sunk into the hub deeper.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Will any of these work for you?

The freewheel on the coaster brake wheel will not work, the one from bike berry is the best bet as it will be the right size and thread pitch, the disc brakes you've shown will work on the front but not the rear because the rotor dia needs to be larger than the sprocket dia to clear the chain and have the caliper align properly. You will also need a spacer to go between the sprocket and disc along with longer fasteners that I recommend being sunk into the hub deeper.
Yeah...I kinda figured on that, that is why im having a buddy help out with this since he works on the U.S. drone program here in the desert at White Sands and fabricates additions, fixes, etc. to drones.

He just finished fabricating this front engine mount for me as well for custom fit...Almost all was done by hand, except for where holes needed to be done with a drill press...its made from 7075 T6 Military Aircraft Grade Aluminum and all fasteners are cadmium coated quality as well...DAMIEN

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 166
That is the first one i did try to get...Amazon, Walmart, Bikeberry, biycycle-engines.com, local bike store...ALL out of stock and do not know when or if they will be able to get any off the slow boat from China...Does anyone here have a spare one to sell me???...lol...DAMIEN

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If the one on the bike is a 30mm, then there is no need to take it off. The mag wheels take a 34mm.

That will depend on the free wheel as there are a few different types.
If the one on the bike is a 30mm, then there is no need to take it off. The mag wheels take a 34mm.
OK...My buddy will be over my house on Sunday afternoon after church...hes going to look at what is already existing and will look at what we have here on the links to sprockets and we will see what might work from there...Hopefully not more questions to ask...lol...lol.

As a side point...on the rear disk brake, does anyone have some pics of any spacers/adapters that some of you folks may have used, (bought or homemade), to finagle the rear brake disk along with the drive sprocket that you have made to work for you, just to give me some ideas???

Once i start this project, i want to finish it the same day...lol...I like getting things done right the first time, and you folks are fantastic in helping out here on the forums...im mechanically adept as well as my buddy and anything can be done as long as someone knows what he is doing to begin with...lol...lol...DAMIEN

Back